New Orleans Class Cruiser

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by modelshipsahoy, Jan 21, 2020.

1. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

I am wondering how much interest there would be in a New Orleans Class Cruiser, and how it might rate against other class 3 Cruisers.

Seems like a good ship with low slung stern deck and triple turrets.

Anyone have one / seen one fight?

2. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be a good starter ship / cruiser. Similar to Northampton which has historically been popular. Can only get dual sterns as it's 3 units. I'm planning on making an Indianapolis hull at some point in the future

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

The old Swampy Indy hull was close enough to become several of the USA treaty 10k ton cruisers. A class cruiser is a must have ship for any serious battler.
    New Orleans is not a bad choice. But I’d say a Montcalm hull is better.

bsgkid117 likes this.
  4. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

New Orleans is good, its big enough for a starter to not struggle with, useful as a campaign or travel ship.

5. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

I would support a New Orleans. Does anyone else think the back of a New Orleans class looks kind of ugly?

6. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Never tell a woman that, keep that as a little thing to remember.

WillCover likes this.
  7. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Okay. That is the last thing I worry about right now...

8. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Never too young to learn how to be a gentleman.

9. Keithintn

Keithintn Member

Would love to see one. Trying to build all the treaty class cruisers. By the way,I have your Baltimore hull . It is going to make a great static display model.

10. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Thanks! Would love to see pics as she goes.

11. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Our new 32” 1/12 scale PBR is a hot seller... want to set up the 3d printed details for that? Love the other 3D printed stuff you sent us!

Who built your NC? We have a plug for that on hold in skeletal stage already.

We won’t splash copy others copyrighted work... but do like collecting R&D hulls for quality comparison testing. Pm me or call me after 5 pm. We try not to deal with or even think about boats while at the day job.... Lol

2C1F5AB3-1EA9-4E6F-AE10-967EA1DD4136.jpeg AD5AB0DD-7851-4F6E-8CEE-A1F6DB5741ED.jpeg 3B33F346-C2AE-440E-A6F3-3CA9127B5830.jpeg 338A9C03-C857-4B8C-9BDD-A3C64A63DDDB.jpeg

12. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Taking someone else’s work and copying it is not cool. One person was ejected from the club for doing that and being repeatedly asked to stop.
    That NC is either from Battlers Connection a still operating business. Or from Strike Models and formerly Sampworks.

13. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Relax Bob.

We don’t splash copies. We use competitions boats as references to build better boats. Our North Carolina will be better than any available currently. No doubt about it.

We have a Battlers Connection Bismarck here that is horribly misaligned and concave on the bottom... The customer called BC and they refused to take it back, so I traded one of my beautiful Tirpitz hulls for it just to make the guys world a better place.

It’s been for sale on eBay for 6 months now. ... no one seems to want it at a fraction of what BC charges for a new one. Go figure. Why copy that? We build better boats.

We do take trade in for those who want high quality upgrades. We like turning frowns upside down.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Nibbles1 likes this.