New Pond Location

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Oct 11, 2012.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well after 2 very successful cruises at the new Pond called Kenny's Pond I decided that this will be the place for me to sail from here on in and a good place to showcase the hulls and products for the hobby. It's surrounded by Condos and a hotel and a mini Golf Course with parking next to the pond. There's a trail around it and the pond is shallow all over. Lots of vantage points and it's mostly sheltered from the wind except if it's a South West wind. The population around the pond consists of retirees and families and so far I have made more contacts and demonstrated the ships and what they can do successfully with no fuss. The best part even at this time of year the pond is clean and has no debris on it.
    So far I have sailed Bismarck and Yamato . This weekend weather permitting I hope to bring the Big 4(Yam, Bis, Mo, Rom) and bring the NC kit, to show how the hulls are cut.
    So far the response I have received has been extremely positive . The only thing I wish I had is teh Mighty Hood as that is one ship's name that is always coming up. Maybe if I can sell some of my ships I can get a Hood to compliment Bismarck .
    Next spring and Summer I hope to get to this new pond sooner and by then I hope to have some new recruits with luck.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well I received a couple of call backs from people who were at the pond last weekend watching Bis and Yamato. I gave out source info on the kits and sites about the hobby and looks like the fish are beginning to bite. I hope to do it again this sunday with the NC Kit and some hulls and stuff. Plan to sail all 4 models for several hours and that should drum up interest if not attention. Praying for decent weather.