New RC Store has interest.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

My local RC store asked if I would display my RC combat model in his glass case. Trouble was my working ones are more than 4ft long. He says he would display it on his shelf behind the counter . It's up high enough to be seen all around the store. Hmm what model to dispaly there. Bismarck, Yamato, Missouri, or Roma?.....

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I'd go Bismarck. That way the answer is yes when people ask 'Is that the Bismarck?' (which I've found they will about most any ship :/ )

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The Roma is the best detailed I think.

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I'd display two. The big boy in the back and a little one in the counter. It doesn't have to work on display, just look like it could.

5. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Curt, either Bis or Yam. Both are classic, have an awesome history with you and both show just how cool grown men playing with toy boats are! ;)
    Both Roma and Missouri are nice models but how many stories can you tell about either compared to the two Classics? (I suspect you may be inclined to spend a little, teeny, tiny bit of time at the store).Besides if you can rig up a tv for a bit, you can show movies of them, cool recruiting tool.
    J

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

All excellent suggestions gentlemen. If I can get one of the small boats finished that will display along with Yamato and Bismarck. I can run NC when built for speed trials and run MO when I need a break.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I may have to get new Combat Dvds. I like to get all versions such as FG, BG, Treaty ect. I need to update my RC combat video collection.
    I will need to get my firing demo box set up again.

Hope to attract permanent interest this summer.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

You knoe I have had that happen so many times. Yamato was identified as Titanic. Roma as Tirpitz. Missouri as Arizona. Yamato as Nimitz.
    Bismarck as Hood. The list goes on add nausism. I have had the Japanes Flag confused with the Canadian Flag. The German Ensign confused with the British Ensign. The Italain Flag as the French Flag. The only flag not confused is the Jolly Roger flag.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Your right Jay I have video of Bis and Yamato in action. Makes sense to display them. I got more pictures than I count of them both. Both have plenty of newspaper appearances and I kept the clippings.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

This is just a test...[​IMG]