New/Restarted Club in sunny Southern California!

Discussion in 'South Coast Battle Group' started by jstod, Jan 23, 2014.

1. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

This is for anyone in Southern California or surrounding areas interested in Big Gun Model Warship combat!
    The South Coast Battle Group (SCBG) is actually an older club that essentially disbanded due to a lot of reasons, but we are going to bring it back!
    Currently this is where we stand-
    Rules: WWCC rule book (with the potential for tweaks as they are needed)
    Members:
    Jon S.
    Steve N.
    (any and all former SCBG members still interested in being apart of this club)
    Officers: None needed currently as there are really only two active members
    Pond: Working on it with NAMBA, potenially useing Legg Lake or perhaps back to Prado (assuming the old issues can be worked out and SCRAP doesn't mind shareing:))
    Proposed saying: Family Friendly SAFE Fun (FFSF)

2. AP

AP Member

Good news! I wonder if some of the old guys will decide to get back into it. I understand there is an IRCWCC club fighting at Prado these days.

3. AP

AP Member

And since the SCBG was first at Prado, I don't see how SCRAP would have an issue.

4. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

SCRAP is the fast gun club fighting out of Prado these days. Personally I hope Legg Lake gets approved. I have been to Prado and Legg, and the facilities as well as the lake quality is far superior at Legg. The gas powered race boats operate out of Legg so it is completely covered by NAMBA and even has a nice pit/launch area. The pond/lake is allegedly only about 4' deep all the way across so boat retrieval after sinks would be relatively easy.

5. AP

AP Member

Where is Legg Lake? When will you have a web site up for it?

6. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Legg lake is in El Monte and I was just thinking about a website. still getting everything sorted.

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

@jstod, @AP
    did this get off the ground?

jstod likes this.
  8. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

I back in San Diego now. New duty station. Would love to do a build day sometime. Brought a little convoy ship to work on. All my household goods are still in storage.

9. smielke

smielke New Member

I STILL HAVE A LOT OF BOATS AND STUFF, WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM AGAIN.

10. smielke

smielke New Member

I would like to help restart the club again, let me know if i can help with anything.

11. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Good luck guys. Battled with you guys a Prados a few years ago. I operated the small transport and was the only one on the pond on the Axis side. Seemed everyone left at the same time on my side. Went up against a Srassburg John Fox from NOCAL and a Jean Bart from SOCAL. I survived. Great time.

Best of luck to you.

12. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

AHOY!!! I know it has been awhile but I am finally stationed and have regular access to my computer. The club will be starting up again! It has been a slow process but should be picking up some speed in the coming months if not weeks. Big Gun Combat WILL be returning to sunny Southern California in the near future. As of now we need to get any and all persons interested to let us know.

There are still some major issues that will need to be sorted out for example a pond and what not. I know of at least one other WWCC guy moving down to SoCal so we shall have some more consistency soon.

Those wishing to join up/help get the club off the deck and running go ahead and sound off with who you are and your general were abouts in SoCal.

That is all for now!

Union Scum likes this.
  13. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Oh also lets hear what ships if any everyone interested has and what stage of readiness they are in.

I personally have a Littorio class boat armed and active, just needs a new SS and some tweaks to the guns as well as a Mackensen just in need of cannons!

Union Scum likes this.
  14. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Congratulations jstod I will throw something out there to you. Pacific Model Warship Combat Club is now doing 1/72nd Warship Combat. This group has many 1/144th scale models that are no longer of use to our group up here. If interested contact Gary Powell. He is in this forum.

Again. Good luck and have fun

Forgot to mention. I know of a Littorio for sale up here in the Bay Area. If interested I could find out the asking price and specs on it.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    jstod likes this.
  15. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Strike has super parts for the L.

jstod likes this.
  16. smielke

smielke New Member

Does anyone know who has the club trailer with all the screening and posts, It is still registered, I pay the fees every time it comes in. I live in Lake Elsinore, off of main street. I have a working Capitani Romani and two Bolzano's that are ribbed out with decks.

jstod likes this.
  17. smielke

smielke New Member

I have not worked on my boats in 10 years, I still have to find all my stuff, just moved, if anyone wants to meet (if my location in elsinore is convenient ) I can park 6 or 7 cars, set up a table and talk shop.

jstod likes this.
  18. BigGunJeff

BigGunJeff Well-Known Member

John, great to hear you! Since you were able to drive to NorCal to go to our events, I think I could do the same! I just completed a Roma built mostly with 3-d printed parts, including turrets and superstructure. I can run a set for you if needed. Let me know when you are ready to start things up, and I'd like to battle with you again!

Jeff

jstod likes this.
  19. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

One of the best things I like up here in NOCAL is our garage sessions. I try to go to these sessions and build and talk. somtimes during your build you are stumped. The other people there may have the answer. At the place I go to there is a 16" bandsaw. A 12" disc grinder. Drill press, a good size Jet Lathe, and an ample size milling machine. Nice shop.

So schedule and attend. Worth it.

20. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

its good to hear from yall. good to be back.
    Jeff Im sending you a pm now. I'd love to see what you've done.
    smielke: I unfortunately do not know of which trailer you are speaking of. I've been trying to revive the old/build a new club but haven't hard from a lot of the old members yet. I fear that what ever issues caused the riff in the first place may have turned a lot of them off for good. Sounds like you have 10 years of work to catch up on :p hehe
    Union Scum: It would be great to get some sort of list of available ships and their statuses for any new guys whop are in need of ships to start out with.
    Hopefully we will gain some more momentum now that there are more of us in more permanent locations.