New to hobby, Anyone near illionis

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tankman, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

JP, you're still alive, haven't heard from you in a while. The MN guys are still battling, are you on the MN email list?

2. jpmarino

jpmarino Active Member

Mr. Bob! How are you?

I think I'm still alive; This would be a pretty messed up afterlife.

Cool. If I can get a ship together, perhaps I'll attend the Ice Breaker next year. I haven't seen any messages for some time, so I'm probably not on the email list. Please add me when you have a moment.

Thanks!
    John

3. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Always good to see another battler.
    Kas

4. jpmarino

jpmarino Active Member

So, here's what's probably a loaded question and perhaps not for this section of the forum, so I apologize. But, as I ponder ship choice, are 28 sec ships competitive? In my limited experience, I really think the turret arrangement on the Colossus has possibilities (2 stern sidemounts and a stern gun in the wing turret is what I envisioned), but would I be better off in a 26 second ship, such as an Invincible or Iron Duke?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

John

5. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

You could always go for a Baden.... Jadfer has made a very competitive one, Irnuke as well as others.;););)

6. jpmarino

jpmarino Active Member

Hello:

Thanks for the reply! I do have a 'work in progress' Baden (again, one of the many ships I've started), but I'm leaning towards doing something British. Or, at least Allied.

Please disregard my previous question. I've realized that I can't worry about the 'best' ship, I just need to start building something I like. Besides, even if I have the best ship, the best parts, the best tools, etc., I'll surely make mistakes during the building process. If it's a ship I like, at least I'll be willing to rebuild/refit as necessary.

Thank you,
    A Slightly Enlightened John

Panzer likes this.
  7. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the 28s speed. Your targets will be coming to you! The Collossus is relatively short and wide (45.5 x 7.25"), with four props, and two rudders. Should be a good turner. That aft turret layout is intriguing. I'd consider making the two aft turrets sidemounts and that starboard midships turret shoot aft 15 degrees off center.

8. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

This is what I figured out, get a ship on the water and the rest will work itself out..:woot::woot::woot::woot:

kgaigalas likes this.