New Video to Share Info About Hobby

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by KeriMorgret, Oct 1, 2011.

1. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Stephen and I went and visited the group up in Seattle when I was there for a conference in late July. We had a gentleman who writes guides to North American Maritime History come out and take video of what we did and interview a few of us. He spent time editing it, and just published it today. If you want a fresh video to be able to show some of what we do (IRCWCC format in this case), here's one to check out. Also check out the resources available on the site for the next time you're taking a trip and want to find something maritime to visit along the way.
    http://www.fyddeye.com/travel-news/...val-combat

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. :)

3. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

VERY WELL DONE !!
    Buddy

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Nice video. We need more promotional videos that are more than just combat.

1000 people on the forum? ..haha.. I know you're trying to sell the hobby but really? There MIGHT be 50 regular/active members, and 800 who have only logged in once or created an account and visted a few time, maybe posted once or twice and then never heard from agian. Do you have actual usage statistics? Those would be interesting to see.

5. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

We do have over 1000 people with an account on this forum, and Justin and I have both gone through and cleaned out the obvious spam accounts. Active members are much lower, I realize that, though I also want to work on that. I do have Google Analytics stats about visitors to the site, new versus returning, etc. I'll be making a post soon about the upgrade status of the site and will through that information in.

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

One has to take what numbers they can get for use for the best effect. It works when writing performance reports. ;)

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Guys, lets not knock the propaganda stats, 99 out of 100 folk know that stats are 9 of 10 times pretty biased based on the group spinning them - of which 5 of every 7 do and of those 5, 3 have no problems speaking in public and 2 of those 3 drink Tang.

Too bad the video was spent so zoomed in, was neat but you almost never got to actually see many near misses and hits. He should come back and try again. :D

8. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Numbers never lie, you can make them say anything you want.

9. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

Excellent video.
    As far as the numbers go:
    "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." ~ Mark Twain
    Sorry I couldn't help it with that one. :)
    With the active membership, I know several people who are not active on this website, but are very active in the hobby. Some of them have accounts, but do not post very often.
    Also, do not underestimate the Lurker. I have forum accounts that have less then 60 posts over five or more years, but I still read on a weekly, if not daily basis. There are four or five I read but have not registered for.

10. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

hey Keri,
    I showed that to my mom and Grandma! And Like I told them, That was the first video i saw you In :)! But it's a great video!! but they loved it!!!!!!!!
    Nikki