New Years' Build Session!! 04JAN2014

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The first BS of the new year at Tugboat's shop! See new toys! Play with new toys! Work on your boats! Starts at around 10AM and goes till like 1600! (That's 4PM) :)

2. ish311

ish311 Active Member

i'm down in FL this week so i plan to try to come up so i can actually look at completed boats... and parts. have the shimakaze hull with me but left my plans in IL....

3. Tugboat

Sweet! Brian K's wife very thoughtfully stocked the shop with sodas :) I'll see if I have shimakaze plans laying around.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Arrgh! I have duty on the 4th

5. Tugboat

I'm off that whole weekend if you want to come up, I'll see if Brian can make it other than Sunday. Ish, Same applies for you if you want to do a different day, let me know, but Brian and I WILL be in the shop on Sunday.

Or Carl can try to swap duty with someone...

6. ish311

ish311 Active Member

I'm on break from college until the 15th or so of January. so I have nothing keeping me from going places a reasonable drive from me.

7. Tugboat

Call it Sunday, Ish. Brian will be over then.

8. Tugboat

Hard to believe that it's the 4th already! Ish and Brian K showed up and we got in a good day of boat work. Ish worked on his Shimakaze and another project. Brian worked to get David Winnette's SoDak ready and I worked on my I-boat. I got the shafts greased and was tested the motors when I discovered that the pinions I'd bought for my motors (4mm shaft, not 1/8") were NOT in fact 49 pitch like the driven gears. The stainless steel driven gears started machining the brass pinions. That was put to a halt, and in the end, the I-boat had the gearboxes removed ans has been converted to direct drive. The motors are 1,000kV motors, so they're not all that fast anyway and shouldn't need a whole lot of limiting to get the boat down to 26 sec. Also got the CO2 bottle mount in place, and trimmed the ends off the props. Looking like it'll be drivable soon!

Anachronus likes this.