Newbie build of 8' fireworks ship.

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Daniel J Bailey, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Daniel J Bailey

Daniel J Bailey New Member

Hello. So I'm new to this and feel free as I can take my licks LOL, but, what I am doing is building an 8 ft long missile destroyer, generic, to use as a platform to fire off fireworks.... Roman candles, some mortars to explode upon the boat, missiles Rockets Etc... I ain't one of them Rich guys, and I still work for a living, meaning I'm doing as much myself here as I can, I did Source my local hobby store who I want to support but, with the bill on building this boat power it was coming in around $350, not including the controller I thought I would reach out two people that are experienced. I'll be using it Futaba attack controller, but the rest I need to source. Motor, rudder, Flex cable and prop. I'm looking just to be able to control it I don't need to go fast oh, and I don't need sharp turns. But I am looking for anybody that feels like giving me any advice, whatever it may be LOL trust me I won't be insulted. I was thinking of going with an old Ryobi cordless circular saw motor, I haven't taken it apart yet, and I would like to power it that will last a while, a couple hours?... I just would like Patrol the bay out front of my house, and make the neighbors nervous. I obtain a cheap remote firing system from China, feel free to insert political commentary as well LOL, other than that here's a couple pics... I have built actual rowing skip / dory's... But this one is just getting cobbled-together and West system or another Marine epoxy schlagger together. 8 inch Luan, Western red cedar frames, chine... and probably using a keelson, which is a piece of material would runs down the center of the inside of the boat on the bottom. So if anybody wants to add anything that would be great or any advice and trying to do it as much on the cheap as I can, yacht have a decent product in the end that can have a long run time. There will be LED lights potentially solar, and for funsies I thought about installing an operational radar. In the past we have built boats like this out of cardboard / Gaylord material, and have use Cannon fuse to fire them off and then they burned to the waterline. This time around, we want to use the moxie to light them up. Thanks so much Daniel.

Attached Files: