Newbie from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by prostrike, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Rayne Single

Rayne Single Admiral (Supporter)

no one i know has operational under water torps. plus torps would be 1 single 1/4 fired every 30sec. main cannons are much better performance as they are every 8 sec for 1/4. plus more forgiving as you are able to adjust for firing easier where as under water you have no idea if it hit or not. plus for underwater torps to be effective you would have to be practically against the oter ship and at the pre dread speeds most ships can get away. no problem with the balsa as long as the hull is at scale sizes ie non peneterable areas.

2. Rayne Single

3. BEAST

BEAST Member

Ok thanks alot ay and maby ill just keep that idea if im running out of weight or room then and really thanks for all the help and advice ay:)
    And i have been checking that just after a lil clarification ay

4. Rayne Single

trust me once you get a gas bottle and float and batteries and motors with prop shafts. room runs out very quickly

5. BEAST

BEAST Member

You guys have much success with disposable co2 canisters with lightweight pushbile style regs ay? ??
    Also roughly how many shots per cannon you usually run and on the plus side spoze such a slow ship i wont be using us much motor room ay;)

6. Rayne Single

i am currently experimenting with disposable cartridges it depends on the guns you have in terms of how much gas they use. in terms of space for motors the power is irrelevant as most motors are about the same size its just more efficient ones are more exspensive. you will still need to run prop shafts and a universal and motor per propeller. the best small regulators are called "rock the boat" regs these are available from palmers pursuit. in terms of a cnnon system. you need gas and valve/reg for the bottle, a couple of poppits and another pressure reducer for big gun style cannons. i will post a link to how big gun cannon works once i upload the photos. your standard speed is 24kts under big gun rules. so pushing around a decent amount of weight you cant skimp too much on the motors.

7. Rayne Single

alot of the problem in trying to re invent the wheel as many have tried before and run into issues. so with your cannons it is better to stick with a reliable one that works, maybe a second hand one? and then try to become inventive as it takes alot of trial and error. what exact guns are you planning on arming? just the main battery?
    you will realise that you probably will have issues arming the rear main as they will sit right over the top of where your motors/rudder servo will be.

8. BEAST

BEAST Member

Acquiring air fittings will be no problem and i was thinking the front main guns and maybe if iv got a heap of extra room and weight might attempt torpedoes and i figured i may not be able to do the back cannon unless i move all the moters fairly central although ill have to mess around whith that once i have the hull mostly done ay
    Ill post plenty of pics as i go and weights so you know how im going with it since early next week ill be scaling all the hull lines up and doing alot of printing ay:)

9. BEAST

BEAST Member

Thats some of what iv found for basic lines ay 440px-Pervozvanny_class_diagrams_Brasseys_1912.jpg Andrey_Pervozvanny_hull.jpg

10. BEAST

BEAST Member

As a clarification is it ok do do the Jauréguiberry in ausbg since it was launched and first put into commission 1897 but got decommissioned 1919 and the change in ship idea is because of how easily i can set up guns and torpedoes and i have a far more comprehensive set of plans for the Jauréguiberry ay

11. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

I am tech officer for the Newcastle Battle Squadron and would love to hear from you, new members are always welcome.

12. Rayne Single

13. BEAST

BEAST Member

I did check that but i was not 100% sure because its put into commission before but is used well past the 1900 date said so im just double checking thats all ay i am assuming its all good though ay

14. Rayne Single

the first conways that we use ships out of starts in 1860 so should be fine.

Beaver likes this.
  15. BEAST

BEAST Member

Sweet il double check a few thongs and get to sizing the plans ay

16. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

As long as the ship was in commission post 1900, it's allowable.