next battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by JasonC, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. crzyhawk

    crzyhawk Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Posts:
    2,291
    I ran Phil's ship which had that ESC for a battle and it worked fine. The only down side I saw to it was only 10 seconds of reverse, but in the entire time I ran the ship it wasn't a problem. If I didn't have these 4 pro-boats that I bought (after not listening to people's advice who used them before) I'd probably order some of the Polk escs.

    I'm just hoping at the lower speeds and such these pro-boats will be less problematic then others have reported.
     
  2. Jay Jennings

    Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    Posts:
    1,435
    Location:
    St. Croix, NS
    Bob, I want to fill the large tank that is here, I wasn't worried about the smaller one, figured it would be taken care of. I will call John and see where he fills them.

    Did you and Mac make a deal yet??
    J
     
  3. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Mac bought the Kent Class hull and turrets this morning. I've built two models from this hull and volunteered to assist in the construction. He's leaning toward the Cumberland or Suffolk with their quarterdecks or the Berwick, wich is identical except for a flush deck. I think Berwick is the better choice for combat. More reserve buoyancy and no quarterdeck to submerge first and cause a technical 'sink'.

    Bob
     
  4. slow_and_ugly

    slow_and_ugly Active Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Posts:
    232

    I agree. I still miss my HMAS Canberra.It handles the rough water very very well. Lots of freeboard.
     
  5. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Rob,
    Will you be able to battle next Sunday (Sept. 14th)? Ralph will probably be in NB visiting friends - if so the Black Prince will be available as a spare ship. Hopefully Steve can operate it - I haven't finished his HMCS Ontario, which needed gutting and reconstruction.

    If anyone has a Futaba radio and needs a ship HMS Gorgon and HMCS Prince Robert are also available as spare models.

    Bob
     
  6. slow_and_ugly

    slow_and_ugly Active Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Posts:
    232

    Hi Bob,
    I am pretty sure I can make it. I just need to relocate the radio switch to be finished (and that's not 100% required)
     
  7. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Good. We're still waiting for confirmation from Jason and Henry. So far it looks like you, me, Ralph or Steve, and Scott will be battling.

    Bob
     
  8. sinkin321

    sinkin321 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2007
    Posts:
    282
    Hi guys: I maybe able to get a ship going buy the 14th, If not i will be runnung the Attacker as a target and for practice with treaty. Looking forward to it.
     
  9. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hi John,
    If you bring the HMS Attacker maybe we can do a oonvoy escort/attack scenario.

    I've heard from Jay that the small NABS CO2 tank is not needed in NB. Will call Steve tonight to see if we can use it and his fill station again this weekend.

    Bob
     
  10. JasonC

    JasonC Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2007
    Posts:
    184
    ok problem again is the i got that shift the starts at 4:30 again also also i have been workig on new jersey and i dont think she will be ready in time for the weekend. if i could borrow one of your 2 ships there bob( the same connectors are on my spectum radio) if not ill only have the vdt for the weekend
     
  11. Chris Easterbrook

    Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2008
    Posts:
    1,333
    That is not the case Bob the tank is needed as we will not have enough gas for 6 sorties from one 20 pound tank. Paul is bringing up the small tank on Sat.
     
  12. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hi Chris,
    Jay posted that he's taking the large (~40 lb) tank to NB instead of the 20 lb one. The large tank holds more than enough CO2 for that number of sorties, plus Chris O. has a tank too.

    Bob
     
  13. Jay Jennings

    Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    Posts:
    1,435
    Location:
    St. Croix, NS
    Hi Bob, the large tank will not fit in the car with the three boats, the two of us and all of our stuff. I talked to Steve Hill last night and he says there is no $ left in the club funds, (from what he understands) and I quite honestly haven't gotten ahold of John yet. Been busy working on boats and forgot until it was too late to call.
    I wil try to get ahold of him today.
    J
     
  14. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    OK Jay,
    Thanks for the update. We'll have to rely on filling extra CO2 bottles or delay the next Treaty battle a week.

    Bob
     
  15. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Guys,
    The small CO2 tank will not be available this weekend. The weather is forecast to be wet on Sunday (100% chance of showers/rain), and Jason has to work that afternoon.

    Should we postpone the next battle until Jason knows he has a free weekend and the weather forecast is better? The weather will likely remain warm enough to continue to battle until late October.

    I have to be in NB on the weekend of Sept. 27-28, and probably the preceding weekend. If there's to be a battle on either I'll leave it up to the group to coordinate it.

    I have to call John C. to find out where to buy a fill station, which I want to have by the first week of October.

    Bob
     
  16. HMCS

    HMCS Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Posts:
    339
    I was going to mention the weather. Just checked Enviroment Canada weather site and it's calling for Overcast/Showers for both Saturday and Sunday. Of course with the weather you never know exactly what will happen.

    Received my itinerary/tickets from the office yesterday and I'll be around until October 3rd, then it's off to Russia again.

    Little Rock is coming along, spent the day tool dipping my radio gear. Next ship I build will have those new waterproof servos mentioned on this forum.
     
  17. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    The weather forecast is more favorable - no rain or showers predicted until Monday. However, there's no CO2 tank available. Jason will have to leave early so it would have to be a Sunday AM event, say a 1000h start?

    Shall we go ahead this weekend or not? If not the next two weekends are the only chances Scott will have to battle before he returns to Russia for several weeks. When he returns it'll be too cold.

    Bob
     
  18. HMCS

    HMCS Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Posts:
    339
    I say lets go for it. We can always cancel last minute if the weather turns out bad. Little Rock will be ready to rumble.
     
  19. slow_and_ugly

    slow_and_ugly Active Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2007
    Posts:
    232

    I still have most of a tank. Should we get a fill at Banshee?
     
  20. Bob Pottle

    Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Posts:
    1,948
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I can fill my 4 oz. tank at Banshee on Saturday, but my other 3 are beyond their stamped dates (2 x 3.5 oz and 1 x 7 oz). Hopefully they'll get filled but if not I'll have no spare CO2 to share. All those tanks have gas left - possibly enough for a sortie each with a small ship (Class 3).

    Let's go for it then. What time on Sunday? I suppose we should let Jason suggest the time as he has to leave early.


    Bob