next battle

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by JasonC, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I can fill my 4 oz. tank at Banshee on Saturday, but my other 3 are beyond their stamped dates (2 x 3.5 oz and 1 x 7 oz). Hopefully they'll get filled but if not I'll have no spare CO2 to share. All those tanks have gas left - possibly enough for a sortie each with a small ship (Class 3).

Let's go for it then. What time on Sunday? I suppose we should let Jason suggest the time as he has to leave early.

Bob

2. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

bob would i be able to bwrrow gorgon or your other ship as new jersey is not ready but vdt is ready to go as soon as i change her props. vdt's tanks is full but i only got 1 3.5oz tank so unless some one hase more 3.5 tnaks i can borrow and get filled the she will only be good for 1 fight too.

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hey Jason,

where do you get your tanks filled up here?

4. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I have a 3.5oz tank,just needs to be filled. Also Bob, I have a capsule adapter sold by BC for the 56g (2oz) capsules.I thought I read somewhere that 16-56g capsules had the same size adapter? If so someone could use it if you had some of the bigger spare capsules.

5. Bob Pottle

Jason,
    If you have a Futaba compatible radio you can use the HMCS Prince Robert or HMS Gorgon, though both are still running too fast for Treaty. The smaller props didn't slow them enough. Pump capacities are under the max. output allowed for them.

The aerial will be a potential problem as the models are fitted with Dean's miniwhip antennas which have special connectors. You won't be able to use them and will have to wind your receiver's antenna wire around a funnel or mast.

What time do you want to start?? 1000h is OK for me. There's an antique car and bike show Sunday until 3 PM - I've been asked to show up with my Norton Commando, so would like to leave by 1300.

Bob

6. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

The servo's can plug into any receiver, I know as Little Rock uses a high torque Hi-Tec for the rudder,a Futaba for the guns and a micro spectrum one for the throttle, all off the spectrum rx with JR extensions.

Edit: I forgot that the Futaba's have the little tab on the side of connection. All my Futaba servo's have that little tab removed(hobby knife) Jason what kind of extensions do you have for NJ's rx,if they are Futaba it should be no problem to plug Bob's servo's into them without removing the tab.

7. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Abdiel's radio is a Futaba skysport,she's benched as Little Rock borrowed some parts from her(palmer regulator and an extension),besides being one extension short they are also JR so won't work with Futaba's tabs.

8. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I mentioned trimming the tab off, Gary the owner/operator of the hobby shop in PEI explained to me that they serve no useful purpose and Futaba just puts them on so if your using Futaba servo's you have to buy all Futaba gear(extensions,power switches etc...)

9. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

i have extendors with the fubar tab slots on em so that will work and u can get it filled at home hardware in berwick or brucesonline in new minas or crappy tire in greenwood

10. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Thanks Jason, only spot I knew off was the fire ext. place down the road, but buddy wanted to charge me for a double fill in order to purge the bottle to make sure it filled right. Glad to hear HH in Berwick as I was going there this morning for some supplies.

11. Bob Pottle

We still haven't set a time for tomorrow's battle though I've suggested 1000h. We need to confirm this today.

Bob

12. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

yup 10 is good

13. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

10am is fine with me, we'll have to keep an eye on the weather, Enviro Canada is calling for 70% chance of rain today(it's pretty overcast up here in the valley)and 40% chance tomorrow with overcast skies for the Halifax area.

14. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok but bob for me and scotts sake can u post on here around 8am if its still on

15. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Well HH in Berwick is selling out their paintball stuff and the lady informed me they don't fill tanks anymore. So hopefully everybody is good for 1 battle as my 3.5oz tank will stay home.

Edit: Made the drive out to Greenwood to Crappy Tire for some odds and ends as well as to get my tank filled. I think the gods are against me as I was informed nobody working was certified to fill it. 12pm tomorrow is when I was told to come back for a fill. I'm ok as I have 3-4 of the 88g capsules.

16. Bob Pottle

Guys,
    I mistakenly posted info re tomorrow's battle on John's HMS Attacker thread. Please read ASAP.

Bob

17. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

I'll be there rain or shine(well maybe not if it's a downpour). Little Rock didn't get buttoned up tonight and it's too late now to throw Abdiel back together so I'll just be taking lots of pictures, the wife may come with me for the drive. I would have liked to at least had Little Rock run some trials but she still has no paint,no ss, and I just got done putting some body fill on the seams from sheeting. See ya at 10am.

18. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

ok i dont have a fill on my tank same problem as scott so ill have to borrow a ship :( but ill be ther with camera and radios on a god note i should have glatton ready for out next battle if i get a reg soon ish and find a way to mount the mortors

19. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi Gys,
    sorry for the late notice, but I can't make it.
    I woke up this morning with an iffy-back. I think it's from wrestling the air-conditioner downstarts yesterday.

20. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Yes woke up this morning late, it's 9:50am, was heading out the door to try and take some pics but seeing as Konig and VDT will be out of action I think I won't. Back to the shop to sand and paint.