No building session is complete without...

Discussion in 'General' started by Kotori87, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

No boat-building day is complete without superglue on your fingers. Or so my brother says. What do you guys think?
    We spent today from noon until around six building boats with other club members at a friend's garage. I replaced the rusty motors in my Spahkreuzer, and my brother Gascan built a pair of balsa targets. Several times during the day, he managed to glue large blocks of wood to his hands. This got quite a few laughs from the other people present, and sparked a conversation about whether or not it was possible to spend an entire day building model boats, and not get a single drop of glue on your fingers.

I eventually proved it was possible by assembling and installing a beautifully machined custom wooden motor mount in my boat, without getting a single drop of glue on my fingers.

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I usually end up with no superglue on my fingers, mostly because I don't use the stuff on my ships... seems to be too temperamental and not adhere real well to the glass... (if I use it, it is for tacking down components until the epoxy can find time to cure...

3. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

If I don't get glue on my fingers, then it's dope instead. Or paint. Or epoxy. You get the general idea.....

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

..or grease ...or a BB in the mouth! ---> ok so today was the only time that has ever happened; still hurt like a mother.