No October battling for Tugboat

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm sorry to Stephen (who was to be my roomy), and to my friends who I won't be there to see. But I've had a few issues with chest pain over the past week, and I'm going for a stress test next week to hopefully figure out what's up. And I was going to go to the battle, up till this afternoon, but I had more chest pain and it's scary as sh** to have that at 39. Scary to be carrying a bottle of little nitroglycerin tablets 'just in case' (quoth the doctor). So Please understand that I'm not skipping the battle over stupid sh**, and that I really wish I could be there this weekend. But I can't walk 50 yards without getting that pressure in my chest, and that's not even carrying a boat or a tool box. So I'll be here sitting on my can and thinking about you guys. I hope the weather is awesome and that everyone has a good time.
    ps- this is not a goodbye message nor a cry for help, I'm taking it easy and I have good insurance to take care of me.

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

I'm glad you're taking it easy and have good insurance, but sorry that this is happening to you, especially right before a boat event. I'll be thinking of you this weekend. I also contacted Stephen (he just landed in Charlotte btw) and let him know what happened.

Keri

3. Tugboat

Thanks, Keri. I didn't know if he had landed, so I called Rob who's picking him up a couple of hours ago or so. All Stephen has to do at the hotel is tell them my name and that he's using the room I reserved. The girl I talked to at the front desk said she'd be there till 11PM and would remember. I have a few items that I was going to hand over to Stephen at the battle and Brian Koehler will be carrying them to Oakboro for me.

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Good luck tug. keep us posted

5. jbj1052

jbj1052 New Member

sorry to here that Tug you take it slow

6. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Stephen said he got checked into the hotel without a problem.

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Tuggy
    Sorry to hear about the chest pains. But take it easy for sure until they get a chance to have a look-see.
    Perhaps they will dispell the myth that you haven't got a heart..
    Something one of those scoundrels from the S.E. has been spreading around.
    I won't mention any names..
    Haha.
    Mikey

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Tugboat. I hope you get better. It's good to know you're taking this seriously, though. Better safe than sorry.

9. Tugboat

Had the echocardiogram and stress test today; will be going in for a cardiac cath tomorrow morning. I'll be out of touch as the doc is going to admit me to the hospital over night for observation. I'll post an update when I can.

10. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Bona fortuna.

11. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Keep us posted! Steve really missed you at the SE Regional, he had been looking forward to seeing you again!

Marty

12. WannabeBB

WannabeBB New Member

Hope that nothing bad happens!