Non pneumatic cannons?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by modelshipsahoy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

You know me so well...Please tell me what you think I can do? I’m dying to find out more about myself!

2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

300 FPS and you should be fine
    [​IMG]

Volkswagen50 likes this.
  3. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Its not an insult. It's a FACT, LOL.

4. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

Y'all just need to schedule a one on one, and settle this on the water...and then have a post battle beverage together

5. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

The angle of the gun relative to the other boats is steep, from any range that an actual battle will take place 250fps will not be under powered and will penetrate any legal hull. Aim for 250 and you will be competitive, the velocity just isn't that important after 250 in an actual battle, and I bet even lower. 300fps will have no real advantage because range is always negligible. The speeds are too great to think of sniper action.This is my opinion and I bet others would agree or add caveats. No one has the time to address every eventuality.
    MORE IMPORTANTLY: make it ADJUSTABLE. That would satisfy anyone and everyone.
    Watch some of the videos on youtube and you'll get what I'm saying. I was disappointed at the close range the first time I watched. The more I watched, the more I was hooked.
    If you build a gun cheaper than pneumatic, or slightly more and just rock solid reliable, the world will beat a path to your door. But it's a small world.
    If you're asking for a number that doesn't exist, accept the answers given as the best guess from highly experienced people, myself excluded.
    You could buy a gas cannon and measure fps yourself if thats an option for you.
    The biggest problem with printed word, is nobody can read body language, inflection, tone etc. People try or don't, to understand the meaning.
    I'm non-confrontational, so read this as an attempt at helping out from another side.

6. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Umm, it appears you've already answered your own question. If your gun won't even be able to reach the bottom line range of our pneumatic cannons then I don't see why there are 6 pages of "discussion" here. Moving on...

rcaircraftnut, Panzer and Charley like this.
  7. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

I am looking forward to a working prototype.

Keith Maxwell
    over 20 years in the hobby.
    0 nats
    Apparently living next to the wrong ocean makes you stupid, at least to some "well-known members"

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  8. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Only on the Surcouf. Sized for capital ships, they would be able to generate far more velocity than the intent of the rule and safety limits.

9. daisycutter

daisycutter Active Member

I really hope you can do this as it would be great for the hobby and wish you well. However the streets are littered with those that cannot walk the talk. Hopefully one day we will meet have some fun and share ideas. Many of us would love to help in your creation.
    Plays with toys since 1970
    Barley passed English classes
    nude acrobatic
    wolf urine expert

10. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I don't have an issue. Just don't like when what I type is misread/understood. Or when someone puts words in my mouth. This is directed at no particular party. I was merely attempting to clarify several points. I apperantly am continuing to fail in that endeavor. So forget it. Best of luck. Do whatever and think whatever you like. Just don't get mad when you hear in the distance later on...........

I told you so.................