North Carolina cannon question...

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by pew-pew-pew, Apr 15, 2007.

1. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

In the quest for my new ship i have most agreed with the north carolina battleship. i have but one question... i have heard alot on these forums that most people do triple sterns. but i still find it difficult to aim that cannon by coming up to a ship, turn sharp left or right and then fire the cannon. is it possible to single fire my stern and dual fire my two front turrets with that cannon kit it comes with?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Trust me, it's not a problem to aim the sterns. Also, you can't have more than 2 side mounted cannons on each side, and only one side mount per turret... so you can have 2 cannons to port, or 2 to starboard, or make the turrets swing from side to side, but you'll still only have 2 guns in the front turrets (unless you point them straight ahead, not recommended).

The triple sterns do a huge amount of damage compared to a single, or even double set up. Trust me, it's easy to aim the sterns, much easier than using the sidemounts as a n00b without getting savagely beaten tryin to do it. My n00b ship has 2 sidemounts, and I've got the damage to show for it.

Until you learn how to handle a ship in battle (I still am, 4 years in), if you build an NC, go with the triple stern, one sidemount each side. It will save you a lot of trouble and repairs :)

3. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

never knew that triple sterns would do alot af damage... how would aim them at a ship though? thats waht i dont understand...

4. Tugboat

It's not as hard as you think, the back end of the boat is easier to point than the front end, because that's the end with the rudder(s) and props. It works really well.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

You can see what direction the boat is pointing much easier than you can see where the small cannons are. Ships turn fairly fast, so its fairly easy to point your *** (triple stern) at the target and unload.

6. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

never looked at it that way... any way can a ship with bigger units have more cannons per side mounts?

7. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

only certain ships can have dual sidemounts the Nelson class a british battleship and any ship that was over 800 feet long or any model that is 66" or longer for our rules for MWC rules only Yamato, Iowa, Richelieu, Vanguard, and Rodney classes my have dual side mounts

8. Tugboat

The Richelieu class for our purposes includes Jean Bart and Dunkirque, which look very similar, but are different :)