NORTH TEXAS BATTLE GROUP- NORTH AMERICAN BIG GUN OPEN

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by WIPER 1ST, Sep 5, 2019.

1. WIPER 1ST

WIPER 1ST Member

All Hands:

All club members, former members, guests, prospective members and families are invited to the 2019 North American Big Gun Open event.
    A "steering committee" consisting of four members who showed up at Dallas Maker Space(in Carrollton Tx.) for our meeting last Saturday has confirmed the dates for this year's NABGO. It will be 18-20 October 2019. We are planning battles on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    We will use the lake in McInnish Park (in Carrollton, Tx.) which is public, but the official top priority is model boating. The lake will be available at other times for testing and sea trials any time the park is open.
    The steering committee surveyed an area inside Maker Space (which is very close to McInnish Park) that could possibly be used as a shipyard. Coordination is in progress. We also visited a nearby indoor soccer facility that offers a meeting room that could be used as a shipyard. That option is complicated by cost, business hours, security, etc...
    There are hotels nearby for those who wish to stay nearby. There are also numerous good restaurants nearby.
    Planning continues. Those who want to join in to help plan and put on this NABGO are welcome.
    Construimus Batimus
    Don Payne NTXBG CO 214-674-8878 cell 469-614-3010 home
    as the newest member in NTXBG, i'll be looking forward to your input on my 3-d printed guns. guns created using hardware store parts and common hand tools.
    WIPER 1ST

wfirebaugh likes this.
  2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

This sounds very cool. I’ll be watching with great interest. Also have you shown off your new guns on here?

3. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Maybe next year.

4. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmm maybe

My parents don't want me missing school though

Its great big gun now has a more unified battle thing...

Like Fast Gun Nats

UPDATE: Can't go, school (Internal Skreeeeing)

I really want to see how this turns out though... awesome idea

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  5. WIPER 1ST

WIPER 1ST Member

no i have not published the guns. i have a lawyer son. he says a conversation is okay but a published work is an opening f0r a law suite. you understand that that i have no control of the materials, or techniques used in duplicating my work. i suppose i could share the 2 piece mag/turret/bearing assy. that was half the battle. but the 2 for $25.00 /1 hour -valve is the real break thru.

6. c-wiseman

c-wiseman Member

Yes, Please! Any information on big gun cannons would be so appreciated.

7. CarlZ

CarlZ New Member

Please add me to your group for messages. Old time Big Gunner here from Detroit. Taking things out of mothballs as I now have a teenager ready to battle.

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That's the whole reason Big Gun overall is struggling right now. Strike promised so much to the community after BDE stopped production. Then they spent their entire time in development hell, trying to design cannons that could withstand unregulated CO2 pressures due to the aforementioned liability concerns. The end result was almost a decade without new cannons being built for the hobby, and thus no new clubs. There is no such thing as a lawsuit-proof cannon, but if nobody steps up to provide cannons for the hobby then it will die.

9. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

My brother is moving to Austin early next year and he needs to know your rules so he knows what boats to bring.

10. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

11. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick.

12. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

We have a battle in Saranac, MI Saturday