OB BIS REFIT

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, May 29, 2008.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Received my package from Strike which includes a new set of Bismarck plans, Missouri plans, Missouri Superstructure, Bismarck Superstructure , Bismarck spare props, 2 new chargers, subdecks for Missouri and Bismarck, Main deck for Miissouri and Bismarck, spare rudders for Missouri and Bismarck, radio boxes for Missouri and Bismarck.

Now I am ready.

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Holy crap that's a lot of stuff. I would be grinning ear to ear if that all showed up on my doorstep.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The Bismarck stuff is for making a pretty superstructrue for shows and cruising and the original will be used for actual combat. The chargers are great but they need a power adapter to work. That I don't have. Other than that I regreased the stuffing tube. I was wondering why I had so much play in the shaft entering the hull from the tube. One of the sleeves have slipped off and receded back inside the tube away from the opening outlet. I made another one and Ca it in the tube. Shaft is reinserted. I think the binding is coming from that sleeve. If it comes off again I will just leave as is. Seems the more play made the boat run quieter and better. Hmmm.. think ..no regrets.. no regrets...no..

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Secured the pump base better and it doesn't budge. Made A turret and C turret hold fast better than before by making better velcro tabs. Working on loading up the equipment again and down to finishing cutting my patches. Discharging my remaining NMHD packs and currently recharging.

Went to the Army Navy store to pick up attire for the event. I got a cool T-shirt with a logo that basically says it all for the contest.

You'll have to wait for the first battle to know what I mean...heh...

5. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

It's not a contest it's WAR

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

A war that the allies are on the short end of the stick :-(.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That may be in units overall but you have the most maneuverable ships, most triples and all your ships are between medium larger and Extra large. Speeds between medium and fast. All with tight turning circles except NJ but it`s pretty maneuverable for it`s size. A lot of sister ships there too. All of your ships can operate from shore at distance and can all work in close too in tight confines except for NJ. For our side I see a lot of older ships with case-mates and stern side-mounts. We have more ships with dual sidemounts, and stern sidemounts I think.. but they are very large and we don`t have as many with triples. We do have more of a range of ships and lots of sisters to pair up. We have slow, medium and fast ships with a few that can really operate in tight confines while others are more adept at open water with speed and firepower. This is going to be the most exciting and fun battle I have ever participated in and I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. The Go Pro should capture a lot of action.

8. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Make sure your Go Pro is water proof, cause the action will be more intense than you may be used to.

9. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Might be noted that sterns that do above the water line damage does not sink a ship. Sidemounts that do below waterline damage sink ships. And in that regard, the Axis have a decidedly lopsided advantage. ;)

Should be interesting!

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

That is noted. I broke the fleets down into their strengths and advantages and it seems we have the advantage but I know from experience numbers and stats on paper won't tell the whole story.

The Go Pro War diary is ready for action!