Oct 17th Battle Photos and comments

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by NickMyers, Oct 21, 2010.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Selected images from the oct 17th battle.
    Unfortunately I had fouled up the camera settings before the event and didnt realize it until after, so I have a shortage of decent images from this one, but I hope you will find the following offerings to be acceptable. :(
    Overall the event was quite good, we had 5 ships counting the Maru on the water, though the Roberts didn't actually make it to the 'shooting others' stage before slipping under the ripples. While this isnt a fantastic number of ships, its enough to have some good action on the water, lots of jostling around. Both sides failed to sink the Maru, though from my informal damage review the Warspite inflicted more critical hits on the Maru while the Suffren&Westfalen did the most overall destruction.
    I've got some more video clips that Joe shot for me that I'll go through and post segments of at a later point.
    The Roberts, pre-sinking (Sink video available in the 'Rig For dive! HMS Roberts goes down' thread)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The rest of the fleet cram in for a shot. From background to foreground: Suffren, Warspite, Maru, Westfalen (The Weasel Grinder)
    [​IMG]
    Warspite closes with the Maru, intent on dealing some damage
    [​IMG]
    The Maru engages her cloaking device
    [​IMG]
    The Weasel Grinder - not sinking!
    [​IMG]
    Warspite moves to pass the Westfalen
    [​IMG]
    Westfalen blows a main CO2 feed line
    [​IMG]
    The Maru shows off some gray area damage from the second sortie
    [​IMG]

The uncropped images, including the not so great ones, are all available at my off-site photo gallery

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff