OCT 6-7 2012 BATTLE

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The Boro BB Bash! October 6 - 7
    Bring your boats and your appetite! :)

2. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Baby due in 2 days. Family is going to be in town that weekend, dang. I really want to get back on the water!!

3. Tugboat

You'll be in the right place :) We're going to have a battle every month, even if it's a small one :)

4. Tugboat

We actually have 6 captains signed up for the battle! Mike M coming from out west and Bill B is making the run up from Florida!

5. Tugboat

Gascan and Kotori, if you read this, know that we will have a pair of loaner boats for you guys to play with! Lil Scharnie and either Verite or Ajax will be available. I hope :)

Also, Minerva will be there for a status update/squarerigger confab. With the balsa filling in the remaining parts of the (solid area of the) hull, she looks quite the business. Now I need to get the servos installed! Might bring weights to see how much ballast I need to install to get to waterline :)

6. Tugboat

Alas, Mighty Mike Mangus heard that I'm bringing HMS Adam West (POW!), and chickened out. Big Scharnie wasn't up for facing the original Batman :) ('Holy Prince of Whales! Did you see the size of that cetacean!?')

J/K, work intruded on the weekend for him and he will be sorely missed. And I will be grateful that I don't have to go swimming, or at least that it won't be guaranteed :)

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

How fared the battle?

8. Tugboat

Meh. Had problems with Scharnie on Saturday, went back in the house befor eI piled up the ships and burned the lot of them to the ground. Got Scharnie ready for Sunday and made it to the 3rd sortie without problems, but checking the pumps screen before the third sortie, the discharge tube came out (metal putty cracked!). Decided to try one more sortie with the tube superglued in place, and it worked, but at that point, my pump motor was really sounding bad. Two years of service, less than perfect maintenance. So I need to get something else ready for November.

9. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Not bad for a motor that has been well used.