October 22nd Event Recap

Discussion in 'Pacific Model Warship Club' started by Renodemona, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Pictures or it didn't happen is a common theme on this site. It is only meant to inspire more pictures.
    WE LIKE PICTURES!
    lets not make more of the statement that that.

P.S.
    It worked.
    COOL PICTURES!
    thank you

2. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Exactly what maxspin said. I don't understand why ppl get defensive and angry over hobbies. All this is light good humored fun. I want to see ALL styles and clubs in this great hobby grow. Personal issues have no business on this forum. I personally would love build the larger scale at some point but the admiral will kill me if she comes home one day and the keel of a 10ft + hull is being laid down lol

3. deryk haole

deryk haole Member

Angry....no. Tired of misinformation, lies and deception, YES. I did not intend for my comment to be a personal attack on you. Directed to you, yes. There is a slight difference.
    I know you were with south coast. Hell, Gary, John and I ( PMWC ) were very instrumental helping John White get his group together. Now you are affiliated with and support Rob Wood and WWCC. It is because of this alliance with him that makes us cautious, usually because of misinformation, lies and deceit. Any challenge from WWCC, its members or supporters will be addressed. I'm not accusing you of any of those things and if the reader thinks that, then I apologize in advance. Saying something did not happen if there are no pictures...is a challenge to provide the facts. No, we don't want you to show us a picture. Perhaps if you just asked for pictures rather than implied they did not exist, I would not have written my reply to you. In conclusion let me say that we at PMWC support the hobby regardless of scale and fighting styles and will always support and defend the facts regardless of where they lay.

4. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

Maybe it was my fault for taking the challenge as calling me a liar, where simply asking for pictures of these great ships would have been far less insulting and taken in a much more friendly vain.

To the best of my knowledge, PMWC is the only multiple scale/format Combat club out there. We have both the 1/72 and Fast Gun 1/144. While 1/72 is our primary focus, several of us have 1/144 Fast Gun ships. Unfortunately we do not currently participate in the 1/144 Big Gun format, nor will we likely in the foreseeable future.

So if you like pictures, here's another one. Unfortunately I'm not sure which ship it is (big one in the middle). Someone will know.
    RAFT.JPG

Please stay tuned as we have a big surprise in store for everyone this coming year.

5. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Arkansas or Wyoming.
    It is nice having 2 scales in the club. Looking forward to multi-scale events next year. 1/72 with destroyers, light craft, and sometimes cruisers while 1/144 with cruisers and battleships. Not sure if pictures do the Lincoln facility justice. Awesome place on private property. We get a nearly island pits area to set up, bathroom (not a porta-john), and spectator friendly.

6. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

It is a nice place to play and the owner will help us make improvements for launching. They use to sell food there when the son ran it. (Hotdogs and chips) 2016-09-25 16.58.58.jpg Plus a few pic's of armed ships all 1/72. 2016-09-30 18.33.28.jpg

Panzer likes this.
  7. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

Now I have to figure out where that ship went.

8. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

It absolutely isn't a challenge or calling a liar. We just love pictures here. And that's how we say it here.

9. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Y'all have some beautiful lookin ships btw. Where do y'all battle again? I know you mentioned it before.

10. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Thanks John, its Lincoln fisheries and we will try to get more pic's.

11. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

Love all the pics posted! You guys do beautiful paint jobs on your ships, they look simply fantastic!!! Thanks for the pics.:):):)
    Craig