OK Guys! OFFICIAL LAUNCH AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, May 5, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

With this post I am happy to announce the newest member to the CWC family:

ARCC

Has a kewl ring to it no?

The Atlantic Radio Control Club encompasses all variations of the radio control hobby spectrum. Yes, they do have a naval combat division. Based out of Newfoundland, Curt Stokes (Stokomoto to some), Has divised (with some help from yours truely of course) a brand new way of bringing like minded individuals together... It's quite simple really.... you have something with a radio? That's all you need ... welcome aboard!

At the present there are three divisions. RC Combat. Armored Combat. Flyers Division. He and I share in the same philosophy, "Have Toy, Have Fun!" That's the name of the game. You not only gather more support for the group because you have more members with different but the same interests, but, with the variety, you also bring more attention to the RC world. Cause we all know it needs a little more love... right?

Anyways... wishing this endeaver the best of luck!

Craig

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to this project. i spoke with Stokemoto this morning and he had a great show.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

I got a brief email... *chuckles* stokomoto was on the run.... as usual! :)

4. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

More half drunk coffee. Maybe Tim's should offer a Curt sized half cup on the menu :)

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pray he does not read that!

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

(Hiding in the shadows...) I read that!

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

Well Paul.... might have to disipline you for that.... lol.... or not.... hehehehehehhe good one!

8. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Well this is silly

9. Craig

Craig Active Member

Silly.... Silly! SILLY! You and your two syllable responses to things.....

That's the point Chris. Being too strick with things pushes people away. Things getting off topic or snide remarks... ahhhh who cares, it's part of the passion of this hobby. If things get out of hand that is when the moderator should jump in. Not at every single opportunity. The way it goes is the way it goes, it fuels the fires at lakeside. If anyone here (except for the odd few and we know who they are now in our neck of the woods) can't understand venting, rambling (I mean come on... especially Curt... and me sometimes... *grins*) or any of the multitude of childish behaviors that come from playing with toy boats that every single one of us displays in one form or another, if we sit and squash all the sensitive people... rip apart running conversations because the old topic got stale and there was just no point in continuing so a new one got started, or there was a side conversation while waiting for something new to be posted, then what is the point of posting anything at all.
    What about the serious spots? The posts that people will want to read because there is something serious to be said?

A PROPOSAL: (with a title like that. Thread would get both types serious and non)
    Here is the way I look at things here. As we are the Canucks leading the way on this one. (Bear with me Yanks, Aussies and the rest of you!) There are three types of Threads out there. The ones that bear a serious topic and should not be really messed with First up for example:

1- Suggestions for Rules Changes
    2- Announcements
    3- Build Session
    4- Battle Schedule
    5- Where to buy Batteries

These are threads which will be taken with seriousness and would be watched by all that would not want to see the "Lighter" or "More Aggressive" (nothing person valley folk ;p) sides of things. Comments and opinions would vary in this types of threads, but, it should stay on topic and a good bit of info could be exchanged. In the end... the subject would get dropped.

Next to Example "B":

A- Who wants to go to the Hobby Shop?
    B- Meeting/Gathering than BBQ
    C- Ship for Sale
    D- Ship Status
    E- I am moving

These sort of threads... if they get of topic ... so what? If a couple of comments get a little racy like "Who's bringing the Rum?" As long as the Rum comments do not wind up being the thread... (Canucks like their Rum... it is good.... I like Rum... Why is the Rum always gone? I can see Rum comments at the end of this You watch! You Watch!!!!) Or "Bismarck not ready, eh? Well sounds like the Axis are gonna sink again!" Whatever. That's part of it. I would say do not let things get out of hand! Down the road.. aways. You know... after everyone has gotten it out of their systems. Right. Ok.

Finally we have the "Cod" type of postings.... for examples of these, please do not Kiss One!!!!!:

Cod- Talking bout SMACK
    Cod- Challenges
    Cod- Bringing up Something Silly (these are represented by the post and the poster who starts them, you can tell)
    Cod- Ship Status (worth mentioning twice.... things can go arwy in these threads... they always go back though)
    Cod- Cod

So as you see.... *clears throat* (this has been a long one) I think a little thought should go into the title of the Post, and then the original poster should try to keep things on topic first.... not with the "Things are off topic here guys." or "Let's get things back on topic/track!" Bring it back by changing the conversation to the original thread... too easy. We are not robots! Emotions and ideas, creativity are bound to make their way on line. If you disagree with someone or something, go for it. The person who wrote it gets offended or upset or cannot articulate a humane respond online, then send a private email. Call them up. It is the better thing to do. Am I a hypocrite? No. I made a choice with my actions. I was ready to call, in my situation... and actually thought better of it. When you are dealing with someone who only acts this way in cyberspace, like a cyber-bully and you are a victim, you need to get help and the best thing would have been to contact others in the club. I didn't and let it all go all at once, trying to deal with the person on that level. It was best for me, (I thought) but not for others, cause it made me out to be the "Bad Guy" and took the focus off of the actual problem.

So there you have it from someone who has been to the dark side and back. Luke never gave up on Anakin!!! We should be able to work things out on our own. If a little silliness gets on there.... let them have cake and eat it too.... throwing optional. If things go bad that's when deletes and emails go out. It should be up to the individuals first. If it gets worse than moderators step in... that's the volunteers job.

Wow.... can I rant. I learned from the master.... Stokomoto. He has taught me well. Some people say Gregory is mini-Curt... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyways the point in the end is going and having fun! This online crap is suppossed to be for getting parts, information exchange and por_..... wait that is the rest of the net.... that and hockey. If things get out of hand, which they will, then you move on and get over it. We have playing on the pond to do!

I'm spent.... Thanks for reading. You can subscribe to my daily online rant at www.rantarific.ca... just follow the links. I hear it makes great bathroom reading!

Craig

10. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I could comment on who you are Craig "Little Curt" or _______ Curt. I'll be nice.

11. Craig

Craig Active Member

Tard! You got me.... you.... you *shakes fist* I got nothing.... but you see the points I'm trying to make right Chuck?

12. Chris Easterbrook

Yes please don't make the same mistake Craig made.

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

Chuck you will be fine. There are things in this world we cannot figure for. This is not suppossed to be one of them. We are here for a good time... not a long time.

14. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I will always be here for fun. As far as me being fine...I will be just as fine as you are.

15. Chris Easterbrook

That may not be saying much Chuck, you do know what f.i.n.e stands for don't you.

16. Craig

Craig Active Member

Yikes CHris TMI!

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

OMG!

18. Chris Easterbrook

Yeah this is out there Curt.

19. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ya really though....

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

OMG!OMG! What does F.I.N.E. mean anyway?? Email off line if it is not appropriate.