Old Battler's Connection Electronic Item: what is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bob Pottle, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

This item came in a box of parts I got with an HMS Suffolk in need of reconstruction. It was made by Battlers Connection but I couldn't find it on their webpage. It could be a speed controller but I have no idea how it connected to the drive battery or the radio receiver.

Anyone know what it is?

Attached Files:

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Hrmm. APS..
    Auto
    Pump
    Switch?

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

It's completely watertight; I don't see a separate water sensor to connect to it. I think the black wires went to the battery, but have no idea what the 3 aqua coloured wires were connected to.

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

5. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Without good pictures of both sides of the board it's pretty hard to tell but the 6 wires are probably; 2x battery , 2x pump motor, 2x water sensor. I'd guess two of the green wires are water sensor leads and then two of the black are common and to the battery it looks like. So one of the other two goes to the battery and the last goes to the pump, no idea which is which from these pics.

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

The old Automatic Pump switch. Power input, return, pump motor connection, one went to like a penny or copper plate laying in the bottom of the boat, and other the same, about a inch up or so. Charlie might still have a schematic for it, then again maybe not. I had one up to about 3 months ago, but threw it away.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018