On the Ways: Bearn CV

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by mike5334, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Mike Mangus - If you want me to use my moderator powers to shift this thread to the Builds forum, let me know!

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Please do. It might be a good thread to Sticky too. :)

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Agreed, on both counts...

MODERATOR POWERS, ACTIVATE!!

#!%%^%&*.... now I know how Han Solo felt. No hyperdrive, no jump to lightspeed. I have enough power to nuke the forum entirely (or to move the whole forum!), but something is set which prevents me from moving the thread. I've emailed Justin and requested that this be changed. Stand by, and it'll get moved, and stickied.

4. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

Mike, when do you retire? I retired from the Army back in 2008. I sure miss my old way of life.....:cool::woot::p

Nice build, reading through the build I picked up several new ways of doing some things.

Do you put a piece of screen over the holes in the motors for your bilge pump? Keeps unwanted things out! I also drop a couple of round flat magnets in the water channel to catch the bb's to lessen the chance they get into someplace unwanted or hard to get at later.

5. mike5334

Thanks. :)

I retired from the Air Force on November 2010 after 26 years of service. I actually didn't go to far ... found a civil service job on an Air Force base doing exactly the same thing I did as active duty. I don't deploy anymore, but then again I don't get some of the active duty perks like a day off without leave either. Heh.

Yes, I do use screen over the motor holes. I used to use magnets in the water channel to help collect BBs, but ever since switching to using screen across the entire water channel to help keep debris out, haven't used magnets.

6. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    Do the magnets mess with the radio? And do you use the round one or the strips??? She's looking good!!!
    Nikki

7. mike5334

No, the magnets do not mess with the radio, either 2.4 or 75mhz.

I used to use the round ones, but it really doesn't matter what shape. Only that it is magnetic and BBs stick to it.

8. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Very nice ship Mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.