Opinions on Brooklyns and Iowas

Discussion in 'General' started by Miller7D, Apr 3, 2010.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

First we see how it is doing on the bottom before you retrieve it.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Still bubbling..

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok this is how we left big soaking wet monsters from the deep.... and further emphazie why a ball cap is needed in the sun. [​IMG]

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Watch the techinque... all in the legs..and you need a good heart to take the strain. [​IMG]

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok gradually let the water pour out to lighten the load. Don't lift too soon if you can .. this isn't the OLYMPIC Weight Lifting competition. [​IMG]

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Finally empty the last remaining amount of bbs and head for sure. Breathing is key. Do NOT hold your breath :sick:o_O:crying:[​IMG]

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

For those days where help is available don' t be shy and bench the ego. Ask for help or fient a heart attack [​IMG]

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

10. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Almost makes me think twice about building that RMS Queen Mary... almost...

--Chase

11. Miller7D

Miller7D Member

My my my, that's a big beautiful ship. Seeing this Yamato really inspires me to super-detail an Iowa. Speaking of Iowas (again), does anyone have any action shots of Iowas, or any sink shots? I've just about worn out that one fellow's link to his Wisconsin looking over his ship and its internal arrangement, and there aren't many Iowa-specific shots in the two photo archives here on the site.

12. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That Yamato sure looks beautiful underwater! Looks like your pond has different underwater conditions than mine does, yours looks more like Davey Jones Locker than mine.

@Miller7D, I have some photos of an Iowa sunk at Maker Faire. I'll see if I can dig them up.

13. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

14. Miller7D

Miller7D Member

Much appreciated, Darren!

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well with all the interest on IOWAs I have one here and I planned to build it as a runner but seeing all this interest I may change my mind on that and build it as a combat model. Hmmm I think I have enough cannons, I have the CO2 and hoses and stuff, I think I may just have enough supplys to build one for combat. What do you think... should I or shouldn't I.

16. Miller7D

Miller7D Member

Class 7 Battleships don't seem to be very common in MWC (because of their size, weight, and complexity) so I would say go for it. If I decide to go insane and buy an Iowa as my first boat, my plan would be to build it as a showboat for the local ponds and then do a combat conversion down the line, possibly after buying a smaller class 3 or 4 hull to rig out for combat from the start.

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Nothing grabs the attention on the dock , cruising peaceful or battling like a large class 7. The Giants are back!

18. Miller7D

Miller7D Member

I look forward to my future Iowa and your Yamato dueling on the lake someday, Stokamoto. Regardless of who wins and who sinks, it will be a glorious battle.

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

You betcha!Glorious indeed.

20. Miller7D

Miller7D Member

Okay, I'm reviving this thread because I have more questions on cruisers and battleships: their finished height, specifically.

For a Class 3 ship (such as a Brooklyn, Atlanta, or Northampton), how tall will the assembled vessel be from keel/hull bottom to the very top of the superstructure and/or masts/stacks? Similarly, for class 7 and 8 monsters like the Iowa and Yamato, how tall are they from keel to top of superstructure/mast/stacks when assembled?

I ask for the two specific measurements because I'm looking very seriously at available wall space in my residence for places to put shelves in order to display these forthcoming vessels. One spot I have picked out for a ship shelf is situated about a foot and change beneath my ceiling, so I'm making plans now so that when hulls arrive, I have places to put them that are at least reasonably out of the way, and not just out in the garage (which is a disaster unto itself because of myriad other projects and storage).

Any information you guys can provide would be extremely helpful!