Our Hobby

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by pba, Aug 6, 2018.

1. pba

pba Active Member

This weekend the Midwest Naval Combat Club had a display at the Dayton Ohio Makers Faire. WE had almost 40 boats in various stages of completion. All the way from a lazer kit to a completed battleship with all the bling it could carry. Upon looking at a fully equipped sodac next to a Japanese Kita that had no skin left just silkspan
    and sigment.where the grey,red and black waterline used to be.The following question was repeated many times thruout the day. How can you put all that time and effort into those ships and then go out and destroy them?
    My response was "Because We Can".

Knowing that a better answer was warranted I gave the following scenario as explanation

We have captain A who we will refer to as "vic"(victim) ,and captain B who we will call "perp"(perpetrator).
    The vic has a beautiful ship, painstakingly crafted ,with custom stand, his pride and joy. The perp has a ship of
    lesser detail. The vic launches his ship marveling at its beauty and grace underway. The perp is vexed as to which detail he should blow off the vics ship first. At the end of the battle the vics ship is pulled from the water
    sprouting leaks like a garden watering can. As the vic looks at his pride and joy,his labor of love,his precious and beloved work of art,which now looks like a chew toy for a Great White ,he gathers his thoughts .

This 50 year old, decorated,ex military,lifetaker ,approaches the perp , who has beat his pride and joy like a rented mule, and says "Phill (perp),look at these holes! Good shooting man, I will get you next time!
    Lets go for pizza,Im buying!

BECAUSE WE CAN indeed

OUR HOBBY indeed

2. jcollins

jcollins Active Member

3. pba

pba Active Member

bump

4. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Still great photos.
    Nikki