Pacific Model Warship Club Sacramento - 2015 Schedule

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by deryk haole, Apr 1, 2015.

1. deryk haole

deryk haole Member

We have a full schedule for 2015.

Next event is April 25, 2015 at Lincoln Fisheries in Lincoln, Calif. Please go to our website for the complete schedule. We are always looking for new captains.
    www.pacificmodelwarshipclub.com

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  2. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

The last event March 28, 2015 was great! Wish I could have run my new ship the FN Mogador instead of being the designated Event Director. We had a total of 16 warships at the event, with 5 that were brand new for this year.

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

What hefty duties does the Event Director have to lose a captain for a day?

16 ships sounds like a good turnout though. I recall on your website a note about converting to a longer campaign format. Could you elaborate on that a bit?

4. Gary Powell

We have so many new members and new ships playing, that we wanted to have our more experienced captains rotate as an Event Director to help make sure things ran smoothly. It went so well that we really didn't need someone watching over the event. The longer, Campaign style games are a lot more fun than our standard 12 minute sorties, but not good for every event. For our first event of the year we were just happy that after certifying all the ships, we still had time for some combat. Besides, Mogador was new and having teething problems, so it was best that I watched.

5. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Do any of the ships actually have working cannons? All the photos I saw looked like fine scale models.

6. Gary Powell

All ships do have working guns, but with 1/72 scale we limit the number a ship can arm. In fact we had the USS Edsall sink this past weekend. Our average ship has just 3 guns. My Mogador is one of the more heavily armed with 5 guns. Thank you for noticing that they look like fine scale models (but they are not museum quality). We work very hard to fight great looking ships that we are proud to own and operate. The club makes outfitting items and makes them available to everyone and we only charge what to cost to cover our material costs. We hope to get more photos uploaded, that will show that a lot of that detail does get shot off.

7. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I really like the idea of the club supplying outfitting details for members. That really makes it easier for less detail inclined people to add them.

Please feel free to upload photos here, to your personal albums, applicable site albums, or threads.

8. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Is the web link correct? It doesn't work for me.

9. Gary Powell

I believe the link has been corrected.

10. Gary Powell

If your in the area and want to stop by, PMWC has another event this Saturday April 25 at Lincoln Fisheries, Lincoln California. We should have between 10 and 12 combat ships/captains in attendance for this one. We will also be discussing our plans for the upcoming two day event we hold Memorial Day weekend next month. We should have between 15 and 20 combat ships, target islands, shore batteries (twin 1/4" guns each), club cargo ships and target barges, target warships and two 8' cruisers; the DKM Deutschland and HMS Exeter.

11. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

My German T-23 model. 2 guns. 1 fore 1 aft. 33-34 knot vessel

Attached Files:

12. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Gary Powell's Mogador he spoke of.

Attached Files:

13. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Here is one of our events at the Fishining Ponds near Lincoln, California. The neat thing is we do not have to carry insurance. The owner put us under his insurance.

Attached Files:

14. Gary Powell

Pacific Model Warship Club will be holding our annual two day Labor Day event September 5 & 6. In addition to our usual 1/72 combat format, we will also be hosting 1/144 Cal-Neva Fast Gun Combat. More details for the event will be coming as we get closer to the event date. If anyone has specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.