Pardon, but may is this Big Gun, Fast Gun, or both?

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Uss Laffey, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Uss Laffey

Uss Laffey New Member

I am asking this because I live in Florida and am going to buy a Big Gun Battleship, and I am wondering if I can also join this club in a few years.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

You are more than welcome to join us :) We are a fast gun club, though, so you'll need to buy or build a fast gun ship to battle with us. I'd look around to see if there are any big gun guys near you before buying a ship, though. I haven't heard of any actively battling and I'd hate to see you spend money on a ship that you can't battle with.

3. Uss Laffey

Uss Laffey New Member

Thanks. I am saving up my money to get this good ol' Deustchland Class fast gun, and I am wondering, what is the difference between Big gun and Fast gun?

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

The main ones, are big-gun have different diameter guns based on the historic ship's guns. They range from 1/8" to 1/4". Fast gun uses BB's, .177" exclusively. Fast gun ships have speeds and units based on the type of ship. The MWCI website has one list of units and speeds, and IRC uses a similar but slightly different version. Big Gun ship speeds are based on the historic speed of the individual ships. Big Gun has a rate of fire limitation for the guns, while fast gun is you can shoot as fast as you can hit the button. Fast Gun ships have a limited ammunition supply. Big Gun doesn't.

Washington Treaty is a hybrid system between big and fast gun.

I think that sums it up but there are of course details which I have probably missed.

5. Uss Laffey

Uss Laffey New Member

That was a big help, Anachronus. I wonder if a H39 can fit with Fast Gun....If it can, barely.

6. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Maybe with a local exception. MWC does not allow them as they were never completed, and only two were barely laid down.