Pimp My Pond

Discussion in 'General' started by Ace_Austin, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Mmm... pretty!

2. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

I am thinking of leaving the shed where it is. We added sides and a gate to the front to use it as a stall for a couple horses. Once they move out it would offer a covered, wind protected area for a dozen or so boats to be prepped. Is 150-200ft to far for a bench area? The shed will get power run to it in the next few months.

3. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

150-200 feet seems a bit far to carry the larger ships such as an Iowa. Most pit areas tend to be no more then 10-20 ish feet from the pond at least in my experience. perhaps others have their pits farther away.

4. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

Ah but I got one word for you about this shed: A/C. :) There is plenty of room for tables pondside, but reloads, breaks, lunch etc.... we gunna do in style. Plenty of room for a BBQ. As you can see it will give at least a wind break and cover from the sun, about 21'X21' The old arse John Deere is getting shipped over to Germany where it was built. Came with the house. As much as I love it, my wifes Trainer wants it since it is some kind of collectors item over there. I'll be able to score a brand new tractor with a front end loader and a backhoe in return so the pond will be maintained just right.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It'd be good for lunching and serious repairs.

That's great news about the tractor 'swap' :) Always nice to get a good deal when you weren't expecting one.

6. Hovey

Hovey Admiral (Supporter)

WOW! That is going to be a great place to battle!

Having the work area near the pond makes people a lot more willing to use the work area. Human nature to be lazy and all. So either you should move the shed or just leave it where it is. Pond side repairs usually only requires a table to set things on anyway, so while it would be nice to have a shed near by it isn't really a requirement for a good battle site.

@Tug - I understand the shorting issue destroying batteries, but lacking knowledge of anyone testing the resistance of alka-seltzer water inside a ship, I'm not sure we are more than just guessing. I will test this later when I get a chance. Still the idea does seem to have some potential for ships that cant easily mount a float.

7. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

Finished work on the stall/windbreak. So I am pretty sure we are going to leave it where it is but there will be plenty of room for benches pond side.

8. Ace_Austin

Ace_Austin Active Member

Seems my flooding issues may be taken care of. Fella that has the land south of me (below) the picture I posted wanted to know if he could tie into my pond so he could dig one of his own out and control flooding on his land. Putting in a spillway about a foot below my ponds current level would keep me well and dry but let me preserve my supply in the dry season. More to come on this.