Plans Master

Discussion in 'Construction' started by JustinScott, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I want better plans for the NJ... Can anyone recommend a plansmaker that offers a good Iowa class?

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Justin,

Go to the Floating Drydock (www.floatingdrydock.com). They have copies of the original builder's blueprints, including hull stations, plus a few other plan sets of various NJ class BBs. They also offer a USS Missouri BB63 plan ebook, order #BBPB-CD. The CD contains over 100 photos and about 100 drawings, including the hull stations.

I have both the Floating Drydock BB-63 original builder's blueprints and the USS Missouri plan book and have been very happy with both.

Hope this helps,

Carl

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

there is a good set available for download from www.ussmissouri.org (although it appears to be down right now) I will email you a copy.

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I have this (actually I forcedly unlocked this), this is what I've used to make the NJ. I was hoping for something better for the upper deck.

5. admiralbb62

admiralbb62 New Member

Justin:

I have a set of Autocad drawings I made using the original builder's plans. I made a couple of trips to the New Jersey to confirm some of the geometry the plans said should be there, and IT WAS! I have both the 1940's and the 1990's version. You can send me an email to [removed for safety] if you are interested. I also sell a photo DVD with over 400 pictures of the New Jersey as she appears today.