PMWC 2016 Schedule

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Gary Powell, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

March 26
    April 23 (1/4" gunned Cruisers allowed)
    May 28 (2 Gun destroyers only)
    June 26
    Aug 6
    Sept 3
    Oct 1
    Nov 5

The March 26 and April 23 events will be in Lincoln, CA. We have several pond locations available to us, so if you have questions please send me a message and I can fill you in with the latest information about times and location.

Gary

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I would hate to see how big cruisers are in this scale :)

3. Gary Powell

The new Z-39 leading the DKM Lutzow is approximately the same length as a USS Iowa Class Battleship in 1/144, but narrower. The pocket battleship is another two feet longer and wider than a 1/144 Iowa. When the larger ships are in the water with the smaller destroyers; it is a sight to see!

I will try to get a shot of my USS Salt Lake City, side by side with one of my 1/144 Battleships, so you can get a better feel for the size difference. IMG_2682.JPG

4. NASAAN101

The Cruiser I'm asking about is CA Prinz Eugen :)

5. Maxspin

Maxspin -->> C T D <<--

Prinz Eugen would be 9.56 feet long. :eek:

6. NASAAN101

Damn, she, 84inches in 96scale. This is just a hole other level of crazy :) wish I can get out there.
    Nikki

7. Gary Powell

I believe that Z-Boat here on the forum has talked about doing one, but that's his Cruiser pictured above and he already has the 11 foot Tirpitz. He may need to move the wife's car out of the garage and park it in the driveway to make room.

8. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

I might start building Prinz Eugen this fall after I finish my type XXI sub and Tirpitz. photo 5.JPG photo 2.JPG

9. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Hope to get started on my Z boat this summer. That way I can conceivably have it on the water by next spring, lol.

10. NASAAN101

Z boat,
    The names Nikki. I love your Triptiz, but I still think it's crazy :) 1:72's was meant for DD's and smaller ships like that right?

11. Gary Powell

Originally Queen's Own was created as a destroyer combat club, but we have evolved into just as much a modeling club. Which is why the California Club has 3 Battleships between 10 and 12 feet long and 5 Cruisers over 8 feet long. I even have Dan Rygasewicz's old 7 foot HMS Surperb that he had been preparing for the 100th anniversary of Jutland, but it would have been unarmed.

12. NASAAN101

13. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Hi Nikki, my wife thinks I am crazy also (female thing ?) but these large ships turn heads in public and they are very impressive in battle plus fun to build. Here is ZH1 a two gun destroyer next to the incomplete Tirpitz . 2016-03-21 14.57.58.jpg

14. NASAAN101

God Triptiz is huge.
    Nikki

15. Gary Powell

No cruisers at this Saturday's event, but it looks to be a good one anyway. We expect to see between 15 and 20, 2 gun ships only. The others larger warships will still run, but the focus will be on the smaller ships. Only a very few of the 2 gun ships will be running with rotation, so it should be interesting Expected new ships will be the German ZH1 and ZH2 (Captured Dutch Issac Sweers Class Destroyers), an Issac Sweers and the USS Maury (Gridley Class). All are welcome, so stop on by the Lincoln Fisheries. If not sure where it's located, send me a message and I will get you directions. Gp