PMWC Latest

Discussion in 'Pacific Model Warship Club' started by Gary Powell, May 20, 2017.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

Since moving our website and spending my extra time updating it, I have been remiss in posting any updates here to the forum. My apologies!

PMWC has two new ponds at our disposal. One is larger and always clean and great for 1/72 Cruiser battles. The other is a bit smaller, but has an abundance of shade, viewing decks and a great launching channel. We will be having our second event at the Harris Lane pond (the smaller one) this coming weekend of May 27th.

2. Gary Powell

0319171131_resized_2.jpg For some reason my initial post would not allow me to post photos. This one is of the Harris Lane pond's launching channel.
    IMG_8925.JPG
    This photo shows a battle, with many of the captains operating from one to the two viewing decks. The water level is low, but we do have the ability to raise it when needed.

Oh well; more photos once I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

3. Gary Powell

Just an update for PMWC here in No. California. Until this past Saturday September 9th, we had not been able to hold an event due to high heat growing masses of weed and algae on our ponds. Our new pond on Harris Lane you could almost walk across in June, so that event was cancelled. We didn't even attempt events in July or August, but we needed to do some fighting so we contacted the owner of a pond we had used almost 20 years previous. They were very excited to have us come back and use their pond... and it was absolutely beautiful! I asked if the fee for using the pond had gone up much since we last used it and he was still happy with a 12 pack of Corona. SOLD! Hallworth 2.jpg
    This photo was taken about 8am Saturday morning before we started fighting. It only shows one corner of an almost 3 acre pond. We had a good turnout of Captains and the recent heat didn't make an appearance. It was still a bit over 90 degrees, but with a gentle breeze that kept things cool. We had a new member to the forum and his son attend the event and they ended up taking home a complete 1/72 USS Fletcher, less anything inside. Now comes the hard part, he has to get it running!

So finally after a few month hiatus, we are back to fighting with each other on a new/old pond.