Pololu 15A RC switch

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by Tugboat, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

After seeing Mark Jenks' neat way of connecting some Pololu RC switches, I ordered some for testing, at the princely sum of $7.50 apiece. The wiring was frighteningly simple, and long story short, Brian K and I were very happy with our in-boat testing at 12V nominal bus voltage. The documentation says that the switch can handle up to 15A at 5VDC, but my solenoids aren't neatly that! The switch arrives with the green screw connectors and black&gold pin thingies separate in the bag. For our application, you only need 3 pins soldered to the board (more if doing a swanky perfboard like Mark)(I'm not that smart, so mine are wired separately). If you solder the servo lead directly to the board, you don't need any pins at all!
    [​IMG]
    But needless to say, these buggers have just gotten Malaya on the cusp of combat-readiness. Great price, easy wiring. In the pictures section of the product page, they have a VERY SIMPLE picture for people like me that shows how to connect your load and your battery. 10/10, easily.
    Linky: http://www.pololu.com/product/2803