Possible Forum Discussion Topics

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, May 4, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Alright you out there.... you..... you know who you are!!!!

Give me and Curt some suggestions for possible threads.

Anything and everything is available.... discuss here and then we'll start setting them up!

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

Combating RC TANKS would be fun. Perhaps I should get into naval plane combat.... I hear that is catching on...

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

How about shore base battles. You can rearm and repair technical stuff but you cant repair battle damage that can keep you afloat. Your base would have a certain safe zone where you cant be shot at.

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

There you go... forward thinking as usual! Nice submition Chuck.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Or a battle in which you can go and get a timed reload/repair. Say you get 3 minutes from when the boat hits the bench. The boat has to go out and stay out for X amount of minutes before being permitted to come back to base for repair/reload

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shall we do that ourselves there Paul? Vewy interesting.... if you do not make your 3 minutes are you out?

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

At three minutes on the table the boat has to go out, no matter what shape it is in.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

Nice. That could make things very interesting indeed.

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

It would certainly make your 3 minute decision a tough choice. Ammo or patch critical hits

10. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

How about a pit crew?

11. Craig

Craig Active Member

Nice Mike. What do you think Paul? Would you allow others to help during the three minutes? Man ... this went Nascar quick. I just see a bunch of guys in jump suits waiting at lakeside for the boat to come in. :)

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Nope. no pit crew. You could have a pit crew if someone was sunk but otherwise 3 minutes and make your choices.

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

Ok. What if I needed help getting my boat out of the water? Would I be allowed to have things set up on stand by, for example, preloaded quick feeds that sort of thing? Secondary bottle with CO2 at the ready? Would patching be legal?

14. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

What is wrong with a pit crew of 1, I think the days of one person lifting a large boat are done and if you have a second bottle and pre loaded quick loaders I say go for it, it would add another element to the game which is needed.

15. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I dont see a problem with having things ready to go for when the ship gets to the bench but you could only have help to get the ship from the water to the bench. No help with the actual repair.

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hmmm have a Powder Monkey crew(1person) Captain patches and both pit person and Captain can launch the ship.

17. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

That would be the fairest way because then tactics become involved and the diferent styles (or lack of) come into play. What one person would feel most important may not be as important to someone else.

18. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

How about restrictions on what a capt can have preped in advance. Would 3 minutes be too short.

19. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Would we want to have the island armed. How about targets, when all the island targets are shot then the island defenses stop and the capts have to wait for the island base to be repaired.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I'd say have 2 small Islands with knockdown targets.