Pre-Nats battle 16-17 JUN

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, May 29, 2012.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hey all, or at least all in the southeast who aren't going to make IRC Nats, there will be a Pre-MWC-Nats battle for last minute shakeouts of your ships! 16-17 June, in Statesboro. Be there or be square! Come torture test Lil Scharnie before the epic pounding she'll receive at Nats as she works to acheive the inevitable Axis Victory!!!

:)

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Lead by the indomitable Lil' Scharnie!

3. Tugboat

Hehehe... the best part about driving Lil Scharnie is plowing into a melee of battleships to distract the bad guys, and coming out without much damage :)

God bless the casemate! :)

Maybe this fall I'll have Edgar Q as a loaner CAE to lure you to battles as you finish your own ship!

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Tee Hee. It did take almost the complete ammunition supply of Indomitable and Inflexible to finish off Scharnhorst and Gneisenau at the Falklands. So far she is living up to her historical reputation.

5. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I've got a reactor principles test on Monday, but I should be fine studying on Sunday. That leaves Saturday free for a visit. I'll see if Kotori is available, too.

6. Tugboat

The battle is posted on the MWCI site for signup!

7. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Tug,
    How is little Scharie Doing???
    Nikki

8. Tugboat

She got stripped clean to check systems before Nats, and I had to put in new epoxy on the stern subdeck (old stuff had a few years on it and had given up in one spot). I made a newer, prettier rudder, and now I'm making details on the deck. Should be great fun at Nats! I still need to post some pics, I know.

9. NASAAN101

Hey Clark,
    I wish i can be there with my Little LST!!!
    Nikki

10. Tugboat

Someday, Nikki. :) If you turned off the pump and set the speed to 30 seconds, you could run it as a convoy ship. LSTs make very good convoys in fast gun. Very hard to hit! I drove one back in 2006, and couldn't stop laughing as I drove it around with people trying to sink it :)

11. NASAAN101

tug,
    I can't have a pump in her in the IRC, so i'm running her that way, in the Treaty meets! One of my Treaty friend is working on a horizontal pump!!! But i'm also looking at the BC micro Pump!!!
    Nikki

12. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Clark,
    I will help "ventilate" your ship, just let me hold your transmitter for a sec. :)

13. Tugboat

Appreciate it Lou :) You wanna come? :) So far, it's Brian, me, and the 2 boys.
    So what ship are you running at Nats? Iron Duck? I'll be happy to dance with you :) Scharnie is a foot shorter with more casements :)

14. Lou

Ha-ha Clark!

Not enough time off from the family to make any pre battles (story of my life recently), but the ID ran well at the Brew with the exception of two stern guns. Aside of completely rebuilding the bow (that was interesting) the newest mods were to get the ship a little more robust - so it's harder to break things when handling the boat.

Let me think about a 1-1 on wednesday...

15. Tugboat

I am very excited about Nats this year. I wish the balance of power was less lopsided, but my KGV is not battle-ready, so it's beyond my power to change. But Nats is gonna ROCK! :) It'll be good to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in quite a while.

I'm game for a one-on-one, as long as you don't crush me so badly that I can't make the cruiser battle :)

16. Lou

It is lopsided as you said, but that just means the axis will have to play to the allied plans. I prefer to think of it as a "target rich environment". We can see how the first couple of days play out as to our intentions on wednesday, maybe I will need to resheet that day from all the axis love and not have time to battle.
    Speaking of which, best place right now to buy balsa for sheeting?

17. Tugboat

I buy balsa from National Balsa, it gets here reasonably quickly (If you order on Monday, it gets here Thursday), and not too bad price-wise. They have an 'aerolight' grade that's nice and bendy. Brian K and I take turns ordering batches of it.

If you can sneak away to a build session someday, you could grab some lol :) With Pete D, Brian, the 2 boys, Mike Butts, Kotori, and Gascan showing up, I've had to spring for electricity in the back of my shop, too :) We're also putting an old stereo in hooked up to the DVD player to do surround sound for the war movies :) Can an awning in front with tables for resheeting in fresh air be far behind?

18. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Ooooo! An awning would be awesome!

19. Lou

Thanks Clark, wood has been ordered. I do expect to resheet during Nats. [​IMG]

20. Tugboat

I'm not sure why this conversation made me think of this, but I think that for one of the fall battles in Statesboro, instead of doing a restaurant for Saturday dinner, we can congregate at my place (after showers!) and do dinner on the grill...