Preparing for 2013 season.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Apr 28, 2013.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well that time of year when the ships need to be prepped. I hauled out the rudders and the drive shafts and repacked the stuffing tubes on all the ships. Lubed all moving joints and bushings.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Had a great shake down cruise of Bismarck and Yamato this past Sunday May 5th 2013. Yamato had some minor issues with the port shaft which were quickly corrected but not totally unexpected after I had to dissamble the drive assembly and repacked the stuffing tubes with Lithium Marine Grease.
    Stuff works better than the white lithium.

The servo platform is showing fatigue along with the mounts securing the firing servos so I wil need to address that as the rate of fire was irregular. I need to fabricate better servo firing cams as well. The middle barrel of the stern tripples stopped firng. That was a worn hose that popped off the house outlet at the back of the mag. Other than that the cannons themselves worked fine. Pump was fine and the ship sailed great.

Bismarck.... nothing to report.The ship sailed and fired it's guns with no issues.

Next outing. Missouri and Roma.