Prinz Eugen Build

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by CURT, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Great work guys, I am to work on the Beast on saturday.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

PE update. The Funnels are sanded and now I can add the grill work inside the funnel caps. The model is ready for the surprise run this weekend..hee hee hee....

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to hearing of the run on the weekend.

4. Chris Easterbrook

Curt are you having fun? I will try and post pics of KGV this weekend for you Curt.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Did you manage to get the hulls after all?

6. Chris Easterbrook

No Paul I was talking to Ralph and I am going out today to pick them up and I am taking Heidi with me to see if there is a hull that she likes.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

PE was outagain . Video to be posted here this evening. Now I can add the grill work. Not much more to do here once that's done, final deck details and paint and it will be ready soon. I got the stomach flu today so I am not going to be able toget at it today.

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Yea, take it easy curt. hope you feel better. and glad to here youve made headway on the PE.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

OK I am back and started on teh funnel cap grill work. Pics to come later. I posted pics under the PHOTS section of the forum...enjoy. Just off topic I got my 39" Submarine "SEAVIEW". This will convert to RC static diving. Just excited had to let you know...heehee.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok gang. Tomorrow is PE final build day. I will completly finish the ship and have it prepped for shipping by end of the week.
    Pics will be taken of the completed model.
    I am dedicating my day tomorrow to completing the model.

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Sounds good captain

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

PE update. I made great headway and into Day 2 trying to complete the PE.
    Too much to put here but lets just say that Rigging is now being attached.I just need to add Capstains,anchor chains,Bridge windows lights and crew and flag. So far a lot of other stuff is aboard. The Temp now outside is 28-29Celsious sunny and hot. I am going to get the model for paint on the lower hull and the above waterline and superstructure will get another coat. I trimmed down B turret cannon to 3 inches so the barrel no longer hangs so far over the beam. I lost my card for my camera so I couldn't take pics yesterday.

Anyway beautiful day here but bb26 I am sacrificing this day to get PE finished. I work better under pressue and no sleep..lol

CURT
    COMBAT-X
    IJN YAMATO
    DKM TIRPITZ
    DKM BISMARCK
    DKM GRAF SPEE
    ROMA(house sitting)
    USS CALIFORINA
    HMS PRINCE OF WALES

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Curt, It wouldn't be a boat build without pressure [:D] The nice weather makes me want to battle more. I wthink I am going to build a container for 3 batteries so that they can stand up in the boat.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sounds good Paul. Best way is a battery either side, bottle in the middle with the regulator resting on the third battery.This will keep it all compact. Before you do anything send me pics of the interior of your ship. I can make a better assessent if I can what you have there currently.

Curt

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Will do. I will get some shots this evening

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I ran out of piano wire. Need just a couple of more pieces. Paul you will be quite pleased..I hope how it will appear. Ralph is sending me a VU Turret. When I get that I will remove the blue imposter Turret and install the corret one.

I got a bet with the girlfriend that I can complete the model today..got to go!

Curt

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Update on PE. I lost the bet to my girlfriend that I could complete PE by 5pm. However I actually got more done to it than expected. Today I am framing out the Bridge windows. I may add a pair of anchors but not all of them as the Anchors actually sit on a penetrable window.

bb26 I am going to build a crate like the one Bismarck came in but smaller. The box will not do it for the model. You will know what I mean when you see pix. I managed to get the upper hull and superstructure painted with base coat primer. In an hr I will touch up below the waterline.

The model looks great. Final paint outfitting of details will commence soon. Boy this one is going to be hard to give up too.

Curt

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I got the coat of green on the lower hull. Had to mask those areas that found Yamato's hull side below the waterline. Roma had a touch up as well. Yamato going out now to get her patches touched over.Then up goes Bismarck for sanding.

Tomorrow I install the searchlights, then on to final painting. I say Sunday the model will be finished. Then to get material to build the shipping crate.

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

PE is basically finished. Just install the lights, crew and flag and paint up the details.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Had a productive day today. Most of the small details have been painted. Crew is aboard getting familiar with the ship.
    Tomorrow I hope to get the flag hoisted on the rear mast and add remaining bow details, add chains to the cranes and a few other minor details.
    Light installation to commence I hope by Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.