Prinz Eugen Build

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by CURT, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

As Monty Burns would say " Excellent"

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Looks messy right now but will be cleaned up later once more work is completed. The Pump holddown needs some legs for further support but I am trying to keep it extremely simple but reliable.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Great idea for the pump hold down.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Extremely stupid but effective.

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

If it works it is not stupid. The universals were launched in the mail today.

6. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Man Curt there is not much room to work with is there, but all and all, it will be a good little boat.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[:D]Yeah and not everything is inside yet. Wait for it. It's going to be even more croweded in there. [:p]

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Cement in the stern area. Rudder servo mounted, lost a flange but it's still solid.
    [​IMG]

Pump hold down reinforced with two legs.
    [​IMG]

More servos installed. Tool dip really stinks - choke [xx(] I'm glad I have a paint booth with fan... good for dust removal too when I start cutting the Tennessee hull.
    [​IMG]

Hull sheeting good. Only need to replace this one section. This is going to be a fast build. [:D]
    [​IMG]

What I've been using for water channelling. It's messy stuff to work with but it lets you customize into the most complicated and tight areas. Makes good ballast too. It's gooey like cake icing. Fringe benefit is I can always use it to make a birthday cake for someone I don't like. [}:)]
    [​IMG]

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Absolutely phenomenal admiral. The Sodak/Dreadnought builds are going well. On Sodak the hatches are being cut. I have 2 of 4 hatches cut. Dreadnought has universals being installed but I can not use the dog bones as they won't fit the shafts. Engine mounts were made.

10. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

A question about the motors. How can you tell which prong is +ve?

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The positive marking is closest to it.

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I have the same motors you have there and I can not see a +ve indicator. I could be missing something when I look at it.

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Uusually it is marked with a litte red but if not then LOOK really CLOSE because it is actually ingraved on the plastic rim part. Very tiny. You may have to angle it such that you can see it in the light.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Think I am going to need more large pnuematic hose for Tennessee. Paul I am going to get the same type of throttle switches I use in Yamato and Roma, tommorow. I hope to have VU ready for sea trials by mid March, if there is no ice on the pond.

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

There is definately no red. I will have to look really close tommorow. Although one of the prongs had a hole close to it

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Well is it a hole or a recessed hole? The pos + symbol is inscribed there but very hard to see.

17. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

both had a recessed hole close to one prong.

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Trial and error my man , trial and error. Hook it up and have a temp prop on the end of the motor shaft. See which way it turns.

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok boy this was a tough one. Making motor mounts for the PE. I came up with a solution and it is a very simple but reliable( crosses fingers) solution. Unfortunaly I had to partially destroy the pump hold down but made another one instead which works much better considering the limited space. The rudded rods are hooked up. There's plenty of rudder throw back there. I hooked up all the servos and they are alive but shortlived as the nicad needs to be charged along with the radio. Internally not much left to do but wiring and interior housework. (cleanup)
    I wanted to test the pneumatic system for leaks but I had no co2. I got to get throttle switches. I have a pair of the small ones from battler's I rather use the heavy duty ones. Hopefully by end of next week the internals will be done then I can work on the hatches and the deck, mount the cannons then my fav.. the superstructure.

Curt

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Motor mounts are a hose clamp CA glued to a piece of carved sintra. Foam rubber sheet under the motor prevents slipping.
    [​IMG]

Arrg - the two forward one back dance. With the motors in there was no way to get the pump out. Pump hold down loses an arm.
    [​IMG]

Motor mounts glued in. I can lift the ship by them. [:D] New pump hold down is a U shaped plate attached to the pump motor with velcro and screwed in place.
    [​IMG]

Steering gear. Plenty of throw, just needs some fine tuning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it looks cramped now, wait until the guns go in. Only place left to put the throttle switch is somewhere on the batteries.
    [​IMG]

Until next time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.