PROJECT X FOR CAN-NATS

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by CURT, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[;)]OK tested the pneumatic system in Project X shortly before I went to work and there were no leaks in teh system. Just need to install universals and the shafts and props, install the rudders and linkages then test the drive sytem, load the cannons and test fire them. Then I will finish painting the project. Once I get it test floated, speed tested, and test all the combamt systems, watertight integrity ect,then I can build the crate and get that shipped out to Chris and Craid in Fredriction NB.

Yamato sustained prop shaft damage at the end of the shaft where the prop connects. It struck a shallow shoal and was grounded. Rudder slightly bent and the blades had a little bend. The stbd shaft needs replacement. Oh well I needed to regrease the stuffing tubes anyway. Other than a few stress fractures in the balas from the rough ride over the dirt road in the country the model made it and sailed around firing guns and squirting GF's nephew who was attacking it with a very large Water pistol.

So were in the home stretch. This will be my first time entering a Allied ship in Can-nats and battling in Competition as a Allied ship.

[:)]

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The allied fleet can use all the help it can get.

3. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

So So ture paul.

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Project X is still progressing despite some unexpected and surprising setbacks. Still hoping to have it ready by the weekend. Yes we are that close. We are currently rigging up a new pump activation switch and wiring harness for the pump. One of the access hatches had to have it's flanges removed or resized smaller to allow access to the cramped interior section.

The Universals are going to be rebuilt so that they can be installed. If this works the ship's drive system is ready to go. The rudders gear system was binding but we remounted and it moved freely with no binding.

There is a very small leak in the co2 system. Once identified where the leak is it will be sealed. The cannons will have new O-rings installed.

New drag props installed on the hubs.

Hope to get this ready by the weekend. If not will have to get Yamato ready for shipping.

5. Chris Easterbrook

I hope you get her finished by the weekend Curt I would love too see that boat.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hope so too. I like the compact ships for travelling.

7. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I have picked up some CA and the repair work begins tomorrow. I don't think it should take too long. The masts probably won't be able to be restored to their pre-ship condition. However Jack the Monkey will definitely find a new home on the boat. The same with the flag.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know Paul.The Yardarms look like their still intack and the little mast platforms are still attached. Just some rigging to reattach. The rest should be easy.

9. Chris Easterbrook

I hope you get PE back into shape.

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The systems are fully operational. Kinda like the second Death Star..not competetly together but ready to fight..

11. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Systems wise it is ready to go. There is about 30 minutes of work to get it ready for show.

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sweet well that's 30 min less than before to get it ready.

13. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

There is really on two major pieces to put back on and then some smaller detail.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

What 2 major pieces? The main Superstructure and Funnells and aft structure?

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Those are the two. The funnels should just twist in. Then it is getting small pieces attached back.

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I can't wait!!!

17. Chris Easterbrook

Yes I too want to se the PE.

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

UPDATE. VALIANT just needs the pump switch connected to the pump and battery leads. Test fire the cannons, add WL tape, grease the stuffing tubes, paint the superstructure and deck,test float the model and run the ship make sure it manuvers, runs pumps and shoots. Build teh crate for shipping out. I can't ship it out till Tuesday. I forgot this is Labor day wknd Doh!!

19. Chris Easterbrook

Great news Curt I can't wait to see her.

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Great news. Hopefully not the same shipping company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.