PROJECT X FOR CAN-NATS

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by CURT, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No I am going to try another shipping company. This crate is built lower as Warspite doesn't have the tall masts. It has 2 built in compartments that will totally seal the Tx in one compartment and bbs and other items in another compartment. We finished the crate today.

The VALIANT has it's superstructure painted, the pump switch is installed and working. No leaks in the co2 system. The stuffing tubes are greased, the fabricated universals work great, the motors are running smooth, the pump motor is working well. I just need to tool dip the receivor which I will just before I go to bed so by late morning it should be dry. The props are on. Valiant will conduct float and ballast tests, along with pump and on water firing and some brief cruising and manuevering. The Valiant will be packe up late Monday and shipped out Tuesday to Fredricton.

I am looking forward to fighting as an Allie this time around. Should be fun.

Curt

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I look forward to sinking you Curt.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I looking forward to sinking Tirpitz!With a smaller ship...hooyeah!!

4. Chris Easterbrook

In your dreams Allied scum. LOL

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Dreams sometimes come true. When Valiant sinks Tirpitz yours will be a nightmare lol

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Just an update. I ordered 2 kits from BC. Konig and VDT. Thus I am phasing into medium size warships. I need downsize the size of my combat ships. I like to have a small ship other than CA for Combat.

7. Chris Easterbrook

Not in this life time Curt. Good to here you are starting to down size Curt.

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Okayyy. Well it was a tough day but Project X aka Valiant was launched today for brief sea trials.

The ship's ballast and trim needs minor adjustment. Other than that it was stable upon launch and was pretty stable in the light chop and breeze this evening. The chop caused the Forcastle and Quarterdeck to be wet but hey this is a British ship. Conditions were well I will let the pics speak for themselves.

There is still work to be done but mostly housework in the hull very minor stuff. I still need to add foam channeling in places but other than that
    all the combat systems worked well.No leaks in the Co2 system. We made some modifications to the Co2 system. We removed the 3rd multi actuator and connected a direct line to the poppet. We had issues with the stern sidemount firing too weakly. That cannon was removed and we installed one of my new bb cannons. Unfortantly I didn't have a 75 to fit either straight or coil so the ship will be 25 rds less. One of the mags of the dual sterns was giving us issues when the pressure feed stem below the loading cap broke off. Upon dissembly we found the cannons to be quite rusty throughout. Most likely from the last sink the model had back for Can-nats 9. Despite this we test fired the cannons with full loads and all the cannons fired well with minor tweaking. The bow sidemount is totally unchanged.The pump activation switch worked great. Throttle system and poppet systems worked great. I added wl tape but I ran out and found some more. The tape needs to be raised a little higher on the hull. Minor stuff to correct. We made a hatch for the missing rudder access hatch on the stern fantail. We tool dipped the receivor and tested all the servos. The system could use a seperate on/off switch but for now direct activiation through battery and recevior tie in was our only option in such a short time.

The antennae was fed through the fo'scle and over the forward hatch looped around the forward mast. Basically the ship looks like the PE when it first conducted it' sea trials.

The fabricated universals held and the ship ran smoothly. Manevering was excellent. The pump activated timely. The ship is basically ready for combat.

Enjoy the pics..

[​IMG]

Superstructure being painted.

[​IMG]

Could use another coat of primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One end of the crate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One compartment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am using the vech on the left to transport Yamato and Bismarck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

10. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The Warspite is looking good Curt. Regarding calling it 'Valiant', that ship was modernised several years after the Warspite and to a different design. Valiant and the nearly identical rebuilt Queen Elizaberh looked similar to Warspite but only from a long distance away!

Unlike Warspite all of the 6" casemates and associated embrasures were removed giving smooth hull sides. Twenty 4.5" guns in twin countersunk turrets were installed on the forecastle and quarterdecks as the new secondary armament. The bridge and hangar structures were different from Warspite's and the quarterdeck was brought considerably further forward to accomodate the new secondary turrets.

Whatever she's called the old girl should do well in combat.

Bob

11. Chris Easterbrook

She is one great looking ship Curt, you think I could giver her a shot while you are here? Nice crate, that should cure any problems that were encountered with the shipping of the PE.

12. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Nice picts, nice boat. That is some real clean building.

IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sure Chris. It's a great mid range ship.

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[8D]Thanks ICEMAN. We'll pretty it up like the PE after I get back from New Brunswick.

16. Chris Easterbrook

Yeah I think once the big models I have are complete I will be looking for a mid range boat in the 4.5-5.5 class, just for ease of transport. I love the big models but they are heavy and hard to get around.

17. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

The Class 4's are a nice boat. Small enough to transport but big enough to have plenty of bite to them.

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Update. I just have to attach the top and side panels to the crate and the Warspite will be shipped out tomorrow for Fredriction.The ship is ready for a GOOD FIGHT!

19. Chris Easterbrook

The might of the German Navy "The Brothers Grim" will be more than happy to send all you allied scum to the bottom just like the so called mighty Hood.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

UPDATE. The WARSPITE was dropped off a few hours ago at a UPS store. My Toolbox is also packed up. The Crate and tool box will arrvie at Chris's place Tuesday . I will be there to receive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.