Looking For Props

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Nibbles1, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

It appears you are still having trouble finding a way to fix your prop with the missing blade. If you are interested and want to send it to me, I will find a matching blade from my stock and reattach it for you. The picture only shows a portion of the blades and prop stock that I have so I'm sure I will find on to match. Since I have a few and it will take me only a few minutes to reattach, I won't charge you anything. Blades.jpg

Attached Files:

rcaircraftnut and Julian Barbera like this.
  2. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Okay, PM sent.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Yes, 3d-printed props are tough enough. I've seen them run on Fast Gun battleships, under far more stress than your cruiser will ever see. Although we expected to break a blade every few months or so, the original set is still in use two years later. And if it breaks, oh well. Just print another. It's only $0.25 of plastic apiece, so you can have several spare sets in your toolbox for pond-side replacement.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  4. greechronicles

greechronicles Member

Is a resin printed pop better than a regular printed one

5. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

And while you wait for your 3d printer to heat up, your getting the snot blasted from every orifice being created in rapid time. I don't see many 3d printed props in the hobby in competitive boats.
    If they become durable enough then you will see: BOB, TYLER, JEFF, MARK, KEVIN use them. They are cheap and easy to make but not up to Bronze.

6. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

LOL! You don't wait for one to print... You print a dozen while you are working on something else. How many would you like?

7. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

If you're not printing with nylon you're wasting your time. All the other materials, no matter their talking points and specs, just don't hold up. I've been using nylon props on my KEVIII and I ran the living sh-t out of them with no failure. If you can't hit a tree or stone and come out intact then it's not worth printing.

At least that's my $0.02.

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Remember folks, he's a big gunner running a lightweight cruiser. Their propulsion trains see far less strain than the average Fast Gun dreadnought. There is no reason to use exotic materials when something simple gets the job done just as well.

9. Julian Barbera

Julian Barbera Active Member

Given the price of nylon filament, a prop may very well cost more than $0.02. Especially factoring in the machine cost and time.