PUMA class transport - wooden hulls

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Kotori87, Jul 20, 2007.

1. donanton

donanton Member

They look great. I want to shoot one. As soon as my ship is finished.

2. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Guest

i would but dont have any money

3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I have a couple photos of one sailing in a pond across from my community college, but I can't figure out how to get them off my phone and onto my computer. I think you'll have to be patient until I figure the stupid thing out or take more photos. As I said before, they aren't complete, but they are very nearly there and should be complete for the Maker Faire.

4. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

dont you just buy the adapter then get a cord that plugs into the adapter anf into the computer for your fone

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

They are complete and have fought their first fight and sunk their first sink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

whats the ship in the sec pic

7. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Iowa returning home after unsuccessfully trying to play tugboat for the transport. The Silverfish's RX had gotten wet and she wound up on the far side with heavy damage by the end of the battle (1 grey, 2 black, 3 red). Iowa tried to pry her loose and bring her home, but the bump caused her to roll over and sink instead.

8. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

The ships look awesome guys thanks for sharing the build with us.with the success of the maiden voyage and the fight,is it safe to assume that the way you mounted the steering servo was a success??

I dont know about all cellphones but my kids have to send the pix to themselfs in an email.

9. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I would say that the servo mount was a huge success, as was the magnetic deck. They were designed for quick access, and they worked. At one point my brother swapped out a servo in less than four minutes during a battle, and at another point I swapped out a whole receiver in less than six minutes. The only sticking point was that in both cases the RX was in a balloon to resist splashes, which was time consuming to remove and reinstall.