Q&A videos

Discussion in 'Propaganda' started by Kotori87, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well folks, it appears the Youtube Algorithm has decided one of my videos isn't totally awful. In the past few weeks it has picked up hundreds of thousands of views and many, many comments. Lots of those comments were questions, so I've done a couple short Q&A videos to address them. So far I've talked about what happens after a sink, and why the cannons are pointed down. I would like to do more videos in this format, and I am looking for ideas. Here's what I have come up with so far. Any tips for other questions I should answer?

MAJOR TOPICS - these probably require multiple videos to properly cover.
    1) How do I get started in the hobby?
    a. how to join an existing club? (contact them via the interwebs, visit battle, etc)
    b. how to start my own club? (not for the faint of heart)
    2) What are the different formats?
    a. what is Fast Gun model warship combat? (scale, major features)
    b. what is Big Gun model warship combat? (scale, major features)
    c. what other formats/scales are out there? (1:96 Battlestations, Washington Treaty, 1:72 Queen's Own, 1:48 civil war and age of sail, etc)
    d. which format is better? (spoiler, they're all great!)
    3) How do I get my own ship?
    a. rebuild a used ship
    b. build a fiberglass kit or laser cut kit or 3d printed kit
    c. wooden scratch build
    d. what shops sell things?
    4) Safety, or why fireworks/bullets/bombs/flamethrowers/etc. is not allowed.
    a. why bullets or flamethrowers or bombs are terrible
    b. a brief overview of actual safety rules
    5) How much does it cost?
    a. compare/contrast construction and annual maintenance cost to other serious R/C hobbies and other popular hobbies like off-roading, racing, flying, horses, etc)
    b. why a ship is more than a dollar value (not sure how to explain this one)
    6) Which ship is Best Ship (tm)
    a. Overview of fleet roles (could use help with this one)
    b. different roles for battleships with examples (what it does and why)
    c. cruiser roles with examples

Single topic videos:
    How do you repair battle damage? (patching and resheeting)
    why do the ships get so close to fight?
    What is so fun about this? (half the fun is battling, half the fun is building, half the fun is researching, half the fun is hanging out with like-minded buddies, half the fun is wreck-diving, half the fun is the history, half the fun is watching the videos and photos afterwards, etc.) (wow, that adds up to more than 1 funs!)
    Are there submarines?
    What do transport ships do?
    How does a battle usually go? (sorties, campaign, free-for-all, last man standing, and special formats)

Lightning Round videos (multiple short questions in a single video)
    1) Why aren't crewed ships (captain with one or more gunners) a thing?
    2) Why ramming isn't allowed
    3) What do they shoot?
    4) What is that stream of water coming out of the boat? (bilge pumps)

This is just a brief summary of the questions people have asked on my videos. Do you have any ideas for other commonly asked questions I should try to answer in a short 5-minute-or-less video? Post it below.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    WillCover, GregMcFadden and Connor like this.
  2. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Great idea. I was watching some and saw what looked to be a copper pipe carrier. Would like to make one. What are the demensions?