Queen's Own Event 11 July 2015

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Gary Powell, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Gary Powell

Gary Powell Well-Known Member

The Queen's Own 1/72 combat group will be holding an event on 11 July 2015 at Alexeli Winery 35803 South Highway 213, Molalla, Oregon. Several member of the Pacific Model Warship Club from Northern California will be attending, so it should be a well attended event. If you have questions, just post them to this thread and I will get back to you with an answer ASAP.

Nathaniel Tindall likes this.
  2. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Love to go. Gary. If I could make it to Auburn could I hitch a ride up there? Not sure how much room you have for taking any of my models let alone me. Which vessel would be better to take. The USS Craven or the German T-23 torpedo boat.

When I get back from China I will give Ron McBride a message on Facebook that we will be up in his area. He expressed interest when I was talking to him. Rosburg is not that far. There were a few others up there also.

As usual I have to get it cleared with the Admiral

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Looking forward to some pics of the event!

4. Gary Powell

It starting to get close and we will need to decide a lot of things. Originally I thought only 3 might make it and now we are up to potentially 5 for the long drive. It would be nice if we could all go together, as my van will carry all of us but I don't think it can do that and pull a trailer full of ships. The Admiral will approve and we will find a way to haul all of us up there.

and Tugboat; there better be lots of pictures. The pond that QO has found is gorgeous!

NickMyers likes this.
  5. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Gary.
    Since I am now going I will take pictures with my phone. If there is wifi out there I can almost send immediately. I could do a video but, that drains a battery pretty fast. Since I believe I will be camping no charging capability.
    One of these days I have to buy a small generator like I had once. Small and pretty quiet

6. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Leaving Wuhu, China today on a train bound for Shanghai. Saturday to Tawain then home on Saturday at 8pm
    Looking forward to attending the QO Oregon event. Have little turn around time on my vessels from the last event. Going to try to make a run to Hidden Lake to make sure they are in sea worthy condition. Maybe a week day or weekend. Decide when I get Home.

7. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Earth shattering news gang. As we were flying back from China my wife Lina made two announcements.

1. She wants to go to this Oregon event. That's earth shattering as it is.
    2. The Bomb Shell. She wants to participate in the event. We were on the plane for 12 hours. Was she asleep when these words were uttered and this is all a dream? Time will tell.

Question. I have 2 options here. I have 2 combat models. Unfortunately opposite sides. Do I:

1. Let her run one and then we put holes in each other. Sigh I would have to repair both vessels then

2. Get one of 3 loaner vessels and let her use one of those. The loaners are US 4-Piper Destroyers that the club made for new recruits. I am swaying to number 2. I can then run my USS Craven with her.

What does the group think?

For updates watch news at 11pm.

8. Gary Powell

Good news that she finally wants to join in. I would not worry; bring both ships and we can make sure she's running another allied ship. Something will be available.

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Why do you assume she would prefer to be on the same team as you? Put her on the other team and be a shoddy captain, let her put some holes in you

10. Cid

Cid Member

LMAO I agree

11. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

You guys are so kind about Lina using the opposite nation as what I am using. I suppose if you had your wife or girl friend playing you would do the same. Sigh!
    Here's a story from an early (in the 80s) when I was associated with a 1/144th scale club. Husband and wife were playing. Husband had Lutzow PB. Wife had Exeter. Husband got the best of wife in every battle. They no longer play and are divorced.
    Consider what I said. Ha ha. I have to consider this to.

12. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Yup. I have.

There is a reason I said to make sure you were a shoddy captain and that she got to put a bunch of holes in your hull.

13. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Being though it would be her first time operating a combat vessel of any kind and knowing my wife I'm afraid she would be the one who becomes Cannon Fadder.
    Our club does have an unwritten rule that one does not pick on rookie captains first event. Errrr. I did say unwritten though.

14. Gary Powell

Hey, Union Scum. You spoke of a H/W and the Exeter... I hear one is armed and available. Then she would be dishing out some punishment!

15. Union Scum

Union Scum RIP

Ha Ha. A 96 inch Exeter. The only punishment that will be dished out will be the pain that will be generated in her back.