Question

Discussion in 'Midwest Battle Group' started by Sneakshot, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

Hi im Mike from dayton ohio and i was curious to which battle group is closest to my location

2. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

i have been interested in doing this type of stuff for a while and i know i wanna do the big guns so if some one could give me the info on how much a convoy ship would cost (a good start for beginers) if some one would like to bring me reality on what kind of cash i would need to start it would be great

3. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Im live in Buffalo (I know not close) and am wiht the OAF there fastgun but they a aircraft carrier(HMS Egal) for sale. All you need to buy is a raddio and i pretty sire you could use it as a convoy ship. I think its selling for $300 US? http://groups.msn.com/OAF/forsaletrade.msnw

4. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Treaty is having an event in Ravenna Ohio Aug 4th and 5th. That's not a bad ride from Buffalo.
    Bob Osan

5. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

I doubt my parent will drive that far.

6. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

You would be able to get a merchant on the water for approx $200, or less depending on how handy you are. Merchants are very simple internally, and only require a two-channel radio setup.

7. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Sneakshot, your first step should be finding the nearest club to you. Contact them and attend an event or two before starting your first ship. That way you can look inside the various ships and see how they are built. That will answer a lot of questions and save you lots of rookie mistakes right off the bat, and possibly give you a chance to buy a used boat.

A large part of the expenses in building your first ship is getting the tools to do the job. I was lucky when I started in that one of the other club members lived nearby, and had a fully equipped machine shop at his disposal. If you're not that lucky, then you may spend as much (or more!) on tools as on your ship. $200 is a good estimate for getting an unarmed transport on the water. About $50 for wood, $50 for ESC and pump, $50 for 2-channel radio gear, $50 for miscellaneous extras.

8. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to arm one turret? I was told $150 t0 $200?
    Bob Osan

9. Sneakshot

Sneakshot New Member

well like i said im in kettering which is a suburb of dayton so who would be closest to me for me to contact?

10. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

The treaty club, MBG and BBS are all fairly active in that area; you are pretty much in the center of all the available formats!

Mike D

11. the frog

the frog Member

12. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Mike Deskin's handle is froggyfrenchman... use the "members" link in the upper corner & send him a PM message.

13. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

does this club have insurance coverage?

14. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Most big gun clubs I know of require that their members join the North American Model Boat Association (NAMBA), which provides insurance to all its members, including combat warships. I believe the MWBG does as well.

15. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

how do i join the NAMBA?

16. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Here's a link:

http://www.namba.com/content/how_to_join.asp

17. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

thanks, what is NAMBA for?

18. captin sobor

captin sobor Member

ok so i'm hopin to join the NAMBA to have warship insurance converage, and the MBG might have it to.

who nows where i can get a copy of the relese of claims?