Quick run 880ESC duel

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by ZARUBA1987, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

Wanted to know if anyone was familiar with the new Hobby-wing QuickRun 880 duel ESC. I want to use the 860 version I found most of them to be back order or out of stock but According to hobbywing website the 860 is superseded by the 880. The 880 requires a programming box where the 860 does not. If anyone has had experience with these let me know good or bad

Thanks

John Z

2. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

3. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I do have one, and have responded to your PM but figured I'd post my thoughts here as well. I went with the 880 as I had a 860 in a clodbuster I owned previously.

I like the 880 over the 860 as it does have the programming board, makes it super quick and painless to set up. Theres a seperate connection spot forbit on the esc, so you dont have to disconnect anything. The board is only around $12. The only thing is the program items are in the ESC's manual, and the included stickers with the card do not correspond to the 880 esc.

It also will handle 20 more amps than an 860 or 1060, and being that it's set up for 2 motors as opposed to a single, I feel it makes wiring a bit easier. To reverse rotation you just swap the leads, so you can get the counter rotation on the props.

I haven't had my 880 out in a boat on the water yet, but being the 1060 is a popular esc, I dont see why the 880 should have any more faults than that

4. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to update as my boat has been on (and under) the water in at least 1 points counted battle. The 880 worked perfectly, I'd say just as good as the 1060s would have. I did have to go in after it once, as I re-soldered my motor wires to point up instead of straight out for clearance on my pump mount, and had soldered my port motors wired backwards without knowing I did, which is fine as that was my goal. So I had to flip the leads around, which was quite easy to do, took like 10 seconds. Now black goes to yellow and red goes to blue, doesnt matter which motor gets which, I will have to mark each motor port or starboard eventually when the come out, but that doesn't really matter, as again, the leads can be switched around in a pinch.

Litch42f likes this.