R/C SWAP MEET IN FLINT AREA

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Attack Squadron (GLAS)' started by WillCover, Feb 12, 2016.

1. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

SwapMeetFlyer2016.jpg 13 March, Mark Roe may join me, I Will be trying to promote the hobby, any pointers would be appreciated.

2. WillCover

I know i know ...don't drink the water!

NickMyers likes this.
  3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I wonder if GMI/Kettering students would be a good target audience. Lots of engineering types.

4. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I was able to attend the Dayton area R/C swap-meet today for a little while.
    Some of the folks in our group often attend these and set up boat displays to promote the hobby.
    Some pointers.
    Have some really nice looking boats to display. Have some really shot up boats as well. So folks can see the damage.
    Pass out fliers with both web-site info, and also contact info for at least one of the locals. Vendor info also helps,
    so that interested folks can go straight to the vendors sites and see hulls, kits, and such.
    Have a display boat that is open (decks off) so that folks can see the internals.
    Also have extra cannons, pumps, and that sort of things laying on the table so that folks can get a better look and idea
    as to just how it all works.
    A TV playing combat battles with sound generally attracts folks to come and take a closer look.
    And last but not least.. A notepad and pen so that folks can jot down their contact info for you if the like.
    That way, if they misplace the flier, you can contact them.
    Good luck!
    Mikey

5. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

Mickey
    thanks for the tips
    we will be using all of them
    kas

6. WillCover

Good turn out!

Attached Files: