R/C warship combat Founders appreciation event

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by froggyfrenchman, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    I am trying to put together the mother of all R/C warship combat events.
    I am contacting the founders of this great hobby, and proposing that we have an event somewhere, in the next year or two, where all of the various formats of R/C warship combat will be able to get together at the same place, and time, and meet the founders , and other folks that we may have known on the internet for years, but never had the chance to meet in person.
    If we can get folks to attend from all of the formats, then we may have to settle for less time on the water for everyone, unless there is more than one pond, or the one pond is large enough to have more than one battle going on at any given time.
    But if we do need to limit the amount of time each group has on the water, then we will at least be able to spend more time getting to know one-another, and see how the other groups build, and battle the boats.
    As I mentioned before. I have no idea where the event might take place, but perhaps somewhere centrally located for everyone.
    And although there is no dates set at this time, I would like to think that we could schedule the event in the next year or two.
    I am going to post this on the various forums, but if anyone is on a forum that it doesn't show up on, perhaps you can cross-post it.
    Perhaps we can get one or two people from each group to form a task force to gather and share information so that everyone that is interested in attending, will have access to the info.
    Mikey

2. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

I think this is a very good idea! I would go in a heart beat!
    Buddy

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I would definitely plan ahead for such an event.

4. froggyfrenchman

All
    We have spoken to the founders, and they are all excited about an event, in their honor,
    and are interested in attending.
    They plan to discuss possible dates for the event over the next week (or two), and let
    us know what they come up with.
    When we get an idea of the dates, we can approach the folks that might be willing to
    host this event, and try to come up with the battle site.
    We will post up-dates.
    Thanks.
    WTC

5. froggyfrenchman

All
    No news on the project at this time, as far as the founders are concerned.
    We have spoken to Fluegel, and Jeff P. by phone, and Stan by e-mail.
    Fluegel, and Jeff were planning a get-together in the very near future, and mentioned that they would also contact Stan to discuss the event.
    All three founders expressed an interest in trying to attend the event, and were excited about the idea.

Information about the event has been posted on most (but perhaps not all) of the various combat sites, and there seems to be a good amount of interest, and excitement.
    We will post up-dates.
    Thanks.
    WTC

6. froggyfrenchman

Can anyone tell me if this thread has been forwarded to the MWC lists?
    Thanks.
    Mikey

7. froggyfrenchman

It is great to see that so many folks are excited about this.
    We are hoping that we can get it scheduled far enough in advance to allow everyone that is interested in attending the event,
    to make plans around work, and stuff.
    It will indeed be a great time.
    Mikey

8. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. All of the battles I have been to, the pond is usually empty a good portion of the time. Having other formats out there battling in the meantime sounds like a great idea.

9. AP

AP Member

Did this event actually happen?

10. froggyfrenchman

Not yet.
    When last I spoke to Stan, he mentioned 2013 which I think might be some sort of anniversary for the hobby.
    I have not been able to keep in touch with the founders as of late, but I still plan to try to put this event together.
    I will try to contact the founders again, and post an up-date.
    Mikey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.