R.I.P Captain McKinnon. Fleet is safe.

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by CURT, Aug 1, 2021.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

It was a sad day for me to gather up Paul's fleet and materials and transport them home . Barely got everything into the Suv along with our own travel gear and equipment and my NC.
    There were three Sterling kits , Scout Freighter and Missouri and Cabin Cruiser. On the Combat side 4 hulls that previously belonged to me were California, Von Der Tann, Konig, Prinze Eugen(Aka VU) . Paul's 'own ships consisted of Espana, South Carolina, VU, Pennsylvania, Adm Sheer. All were in stages of construction and upgrades and refit . He had planned to arm them for future Nats . They are here now and my promise to his widow is to see his models completed as he wanted them. He had stocked up on everything he needed so I am set . Now I have 34 ships in my Fleet. One on the way on September but not a combat model but a scale 1/144 Nimitz class scratchbuild RC model nearly 8ft and 2 ft wide .I was working on my own projects such as refitting Roma, building Tirpitz, Richilieu, Arizona and Dunkerque. So I have a lot of work ahead of me .

Attached Files:

2. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Curt,
    I didn't realize the Nimitz class, was 8feet long, I had a family member who is a keel/Plank owner to USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) ..
    Nikki

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Cool. Yeah 94 inches of the model . Maybe off by 4 inches but either way a Nuclear carrier is far bigger than a WW 2 Carrier.

4. PushkinPrior

PushkinPrior Member

You are a good man, Curt.

CURT likes this.
  5. Nomercy

Nomercy Well-Known Member

Sad.....