Off Market Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky... QE sold, Prices are OBO!!!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by buttsakauf, Oct 19, 2012.

1. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

Expenses for new addition to family (2nd child) are mounting and these items need to go.
    -Ralph Coles QE hull: double bulged (2 distinct steps), used for WW2 versions of all QE class ships. Some even had casements with these bulges. However, utilizing casements and the bulges gets tricky under the MWC/ IRCWCC rulesets. I have plans for many configurations on different hulls. Most are Profile Morskie with Miyukikai and Wiswesser as well. The hull is gorgeous. One of the (if not THE) finest I have seen provided by anyone in the hobby. I really hate to sell it because it is so nice and because I think it would be an incredibly tough ship with 2 stringers below the waterline and good maneuverability. I am just not passionate about British ships. However I might regret this down the road, lol. Please shoot me messages with any questions. I can send pictures. Prices are as follows, you pay shipping:

bare hull: $150
    wood for decks/subdecks(1/4" and 1/8" available): based on what you want
    rudders (BC class 5 rudders): $5
    turrets with rangefiders (termite armor): $20
    plans: some are free, others cost. send me a message

-SMS Radetzky (Australian hull): has casements. No significant stringers. 3.5 unit pre-dreadnought. 1 unit bow gun 1 unit pump 1.5 unit "haymaker". It was a testbed for my brushless ideas. All of which were a success. With the exception of pump priming issues due to no priming hole the maiden trial/battle was great.
    It currently uses small brushless motors on gearboxes for propulsion. A super high power small brushless motor on a gearbox for the pump (output has not been measured but appears to be considerable). Mtroniks controllers for propulsion. Aircraft unidirectional controller for pump (throttle-able, but not reversible). Headway 10ah LiFePo4 cells for power. 3.5oz Co2. Modular rudder setup (gears or linkages). 12v solenoids to shoot cannons. High rate of fire cannons made in the Stalnaker/Mangus fashion. Stainless barrels. BC breeches. High flow gun setup. Palmer Pursuit stabilizer (high flow, must be oiled for each use!).
    Ship is a little light. Could really use a better superstructure. I can offer many subtitute parts, spare parts, and can modify based on what you want. I have at least $700 in all the "state of the art" parts (probably more like $800+). Please contact me if you desire amplifying information.
    I can take any pictures you want, modify ship to only sell to you what you want. I need to sell it!
    -Looking for $600+- depending on what you want... make offer... OBO!!!

2. buttsakauf

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky
    PICTURES:) for QE. Note the two black dots on the side of the hull. according to the plans I collected the fantail deck should actually be where the upper black dot is. That point is approximately halfway between the main deck and the top of the transition to the first bulge. That transition to the first bulge is also where I would put the waterline. This allows two 1/8" stringers at or just below the waterline, with the bottom of the penetrable windows just above the transition to the "lower" bulge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. buttsakauf

A couple more for QE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. buttsakauf

Radetzky Pics:) Guns could use better mounts, attach solenoids to bottom of decks perhaps, have derflinnger turrets for main guns (termite resin and very close to real turrets), can include new strike models firing board if desired also have pololu boards, and others.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky So you were running the Radetzky on 1 3.3V Lipo? I don't see how?

6. buttsakauf

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky It is one of four 3.2v LiFePo4 batteries. The picture is just an example.

7. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky Got it, that explains alot.
    Thanks

8. buttsakauf

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky... Prices are OBO!!! Make an offer if anyone is interested...

9. buttsakauf

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky... Prices are OBO!!! QE sold:)

10. jch72

jch72 Active Member

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky... Prices are OBO!!! Those QE hulls sure have good resale value.
    Ron Hunt

11. buttsakauf

RE: Ralph Coles QE hull and SMS Radetzky... Prices are OBO!!! Yeah... and it is a steal at that price!

12. Logan Gyre

Logan Gyre Member

I know, old thread...
    but anything still around?

13. buttsakauf

Radetzky is. Hasn’t been touched in years. Might still sell it for the right price. Not in a pinch anymore though.

14. RcShip556

RcShip556 Member

I am interested in the Radezky is it still for sale? Could you do $400? Email me at Chsrawolf@gmail.com

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018