Video RC Warship Combat promo video

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Beaver, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I like it. I hadn’t considered using the drone to get top-down combat footage. I’ll start doing that.

How did you get the up-close sinking of the iowa at the end? Just right spot at the right time?

One suggestion… link this forum at the end. IRCWCC.org is very useful as a captain, but isn’t designed to drive engagement. (Sorry Brian!) At least rcwc has live humans who will respond fairly quickly.

Beaver likes this.
  3. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

That is a GREAT promo video! Nice work.

Beaver likes this.
  4. Beaver

It's in the description.
    The Iowa shot was a 1v1 with someone filming the entire thing.
    And thank you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    JustinScott likes this.
  5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

FYI facebook reels, which are an easy way to get attention, only allow for a 60 second video. Are you able to trim to less than 60 seconds and still convey the same excitement?

6. Beaver

It's not that easy. I would need to completely reedit the entire video. You could try trimming off the beginning till you have a minute long clip.

7. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Sure. Now worries.

8. Beaver

I cut it down to a minute with the ending and it isn't too bad. Going to have someone put it on Facebook as I don't do that.

Panzer and tgalx3 like this.
  9. TorpCruiser

TorpCruiser Active Member

Wow! That's great work! The scenes matching the music, good intensity, well done!

10. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

This forum has almost more bad information than it does good information. I 100% would rather a new person see the club website and get directed to a local veteran captain via the contact us function.

Beaver and Panzer like this.
  11. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree.

12. JustinScott

Sorry, but that’s not how it’d work. Once the potential finds the “join us” button, they are directed to a pay wall. That’s an immediate hard stop for most. There is simply no engagement on that site… but that’s OK because it’s not intended to he. It’s built for the existing members of IRCWCC.

This site has good and bad info, sure, but who cares? It has people who will respond to questions. That’s what’s key.

TorpCruiser likes this.
  13. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Well, sounds like thats good feedback to adjust the IRCWCC website.

This forum might catch a few blow-ins, but it just as easily fills their heads with either bad information, ideas from people who have no idea, posts that are 10 years old and no longer relevant, and even more.

Yeah sure there are people who respond. I'll also respond when someone hits the contact button on the website and sends me an email. And sometimes the people who respond have no business responding, sorry to say it but its 100% true.

Wonder if the IRC site has enough bandwidth to just host an official IRC forum....theres a thought

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  14. JustinScott

I HATE the idea of throwing the baby out with the bath water. There is so much good info here, and that’s not just me being proud of it. Also newcomers will look at a blank forum as a turn off, they think “oh so there’s just not that much interest; moving on…”

IRCWCC.does need an overhaul, if it wants to capture newcomers. That’s not the same as “slapping a forum on it”. That’s also not the same as giving it a paint job.

You need a site with an onboarding flow. Something that brings people in, shows them it’s relevant for them, and gives them immediate steps forward. Sorry, once again “please contact me for more detail” is also a hard stop for most people.

I would almost rather change this site. Maybe add thumbs up / thumbs down tech. That way the bad data can be more readily noticeable. It could even be purged once tagged.

Lastly, don’t be afraid of old data. If something is more than a year old; the only people who are going to read it have already started building a boat (or two).

TorpCruiser and diceman42 like this.
  15. Beaver

This forum is linked in the video description, on my channel, and even on the ircwcc website. Where else do you want me to put it??

bsgkid117 likes this.
  16. JustinScott

Sorry Beaver! I was trying to respond to Will’s suggestion of obsoleting or hiding this forum.

What you’ve done is perfect!